Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2019, 03:20 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Do you know what is above the coach ceiling?

I want to replace the old motorized visors in our 2004 Holiday Rambler Neptune. They both had one screw end in each end that attached plastic brackets from the visors to the ceiling. The new visors are heavier duty and will take 2 screws through metal brackets into the ceiling. I will have to drill new holes, but I don't know what I will be drilling into. Maybe wood framing? Does anyone know what is above the ceiling?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2019, 04:50 PM   #2

My guess would be old copies of the National Enquirer (insulation), sawdust and scrap plywood (to give it some structure), some glue, and bits of wire.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 04:55 PM   #3

BTW, mine fell off (while I was driving) and it was the wires that kept them from falling all the way to the dash. The little plastic extensions that have slots in them to take the mounting screws broke.

First I got some plastic plumber's strapping, made loops out of it, and slid them into the loops. Later I got tired of the fact they still moved around, and I replaced the plumber's strapping with strips of double sided Velcro, and got some adhesive backed Velcro. I put the adhesive backed on the blind and on the cieling, and with a single screw in the middle of the strip attached it to the ceiling (used a short particle board screw) and then wrapped the Velcro to itself around the blind, and used the glued on Velcro to give it a bit more hold and to hold it up while I got the Velcro strap tight.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 11:16 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
ceiling

You shoudl be able to unscrew the plastic cover plate to see what is in the ceiling. My 2001 HR Endeavor has aluminum tube steel as the superstructure that the blinds could be screwed into.
Iceking69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 07:50 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by distaff View Post
BTW, mine fell off (while I was driving) and it was the wires that kept them from falling all the way to the dash. The little plastic extensions that have slots in them to take the mounting screws broke.
Ha... That happened to me, but it was the screws that stripped the wood out!

Sure glad I didn't have it lowered a couple of feet !!
Old 07-25-2019, 04:04 AM   #6

Brochure Archive

I looked at the brochure archive for HR and they did not have a 2004 Neptune. They do show it for the year 2005. Anyway, look at the brochure and it gives you a layered look at the roof components and this will give you an idea at what is above you. I would probably design a new fastening plate (wood) and then search out mounting areas to fasten this to the aluminum frame and then attach the visor to the wooden plate.
billebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 08:02 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3847.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	610.3 KB
ID:	254778
2001 Dynasty
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags