Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2020, 05:09 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I've just replaced mine that were leaking out of the center where the adjusting arm is. These are not repairable and must be replaced. Common problem, the seal at that pivot arm wears out. You cannot hear it when the engine is running and the air pump will most likely keep up with the loss. These need to be changed before they fail completely. Cost is about $75 to $120 each and they can be found on the internet.
Rodg495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2020, 05:50 PM   #16

If air is truly coming out that hose the valve is partially open. It’s a mech valve so it will vent if the linkage tells it to. It stops at about 50 psi because the PPV valves on the tank is protecting your brake air supply. 3 normally do not go out at the same time so the first thing that comes to mind is linkage ads holding them slightly open. The “air dump” is normally vented thru the manifold.
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 03:39 PM   #17
DaT

Well my test went very strange. I hooked up the air compressor to the RV and it rose to the occasion. In fact, it looked too high. All the valves were dumping air as well. I used my jacks to get the RV perfectly level and disconnect each linkage arm. I was able to get all valves to stop dumping air. I manually dumped air from the rear bags until the measurement from the frame to the bottom of the bag was 12 1/2”. I moved to the front to do the same. But as I dumped the air from the front valve, the bags did not drop! So I disconnected my air compressor and dumped the air from the front valve, and the bags dropped. Could the front valve not be cutting off air supply to the front bags? If not, then I think I have another issue.
DaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 09:01 PM   #18
DaT

After further investigation, I have determined that my leveling valves are most likely not the cause of my problem. Oh, and I have figured out my actual problem.
In the front of my RV the bags are filling up to just about max ride height(meaning Bags fully extended, not where the RV should be at) The leveling valve is trying to dump the air from the bags to level the coach(that’s the air leak I’m hearing) but the air compressor is wining that fight. So my RV is riding high in the front even thou the leveling linkage is adjusted correctly.
I swapped a rear level valve with my front one. Thinking if the problem moved to the back, I know it’s the valve. I was not so lucky.
Following my air lines from the leveling valve, one goes to the air tank, the other to my HWH Air Bag leveling system. So I’m thinking the problem is with that system.
Old 07-02-2020, 09:55 PM   #19

Good evening Dat; When you mentioned using your jacks it did not accrue to me that on an 04 Windsor Air/Hydraulic leveling was an option. You must have both. I had the HWH air leveling only on my previous 2000 Monaco Windsor and never had any trouble with the system at all. As they get older there can be problems with the O rings in the manifold leaking air pressure. Since my new to me 2001 Windsor has hydraulic leveling only and it has been 8 years since my 2000 Windsor, without reading the instructions again I am not on top of the operation of the air leveling. If I am correct, not sure, if you don't have the HWH air leveling panel in the on position all it shows is when the coach is at the travel mode and the green light comes on. I think this would mean the air leveling system is out of the loop, so to speak. I would reread the air leveling instructions to make sure everything is where it is supposed to be as I have never read about an HWH air leveling system that wants to keep adding air to the leveling system when it is turned off.

I am sure you will get some more problem solving advice now that others here know you have both systems and not just hydraulic only. Also I think a good place to start would be to make sure all the ride Hight measurements are correct, but if your system is trying to fill the air suspension all the time I know that would not be able to be accomplished. Just for the heck of it see if you can reboot the HWH system by turning your chassis power disconnect switch off for a short time and see if anything happens. Not sure there is a rebooting for the HWH air leveling system.
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:43 PM   #20
DaT

Yes, I do have both leveling systems. It would make sense if a HWH O ring was bad causing air to continually fill my air bags (even thou the leveling valve is dumping air because the bags are over inflated causing the RV to sit too high). I checked the manual for the HWH system but I did not find any thing that seemed Of help.
Old 07-03-2020, 12:14 AM   #21

You don’t ever want to hear hissing unless you are leveling with air bags or dumping your air
dmp1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 07:16 AM   #22
DaT

Thanks everyone! I’m going to start a new thread because I now know what the valve is, and I believe it’s working properly. Also I think the problem lyes with my HWH Leveling System front manifold. I really appreciate all your input.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:36 AM   #23
Commercial Member

if the orings are bad on any of the hwh valves on the manifold, they would be leaking externally. a leak test will show that.
to add air or subtract sir from the air bag, it would have to be leaking internally
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 03:38 PM   #24

As I understand, the PPV Valve provides air pressure protection to insure that the air brakes always have adequate pressure tofunction normally. This is a normally closed pressure sensing valve which
allows air to flow freely in both directions as long as the upstream reservoir pressure is above the set point of the valve can be 55 to 85 pounds. On my Dynasty the front and rear Ride Valves are fed from the front and rear tanks through a PPV Valve.