RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2007, 06:51 AM   #1

I got in touch with Monaco about extending my warantee, because of all the problems I have had. I was talking with their warantee people and said " I guess I don't matter to Monaco." The answer I got wasn't what I expected," No but we want your business anyway." I was thinking about trading up but if this is the way they feel, I will not own another Monaco. I did send a letter to the CEO and got no reply.

Bill & Linda Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2007, 06:51 AM   #2

I got in touch with Monaco about extending my warantee, because of all the problems I have had. I was talking with their warantee people and said " I guess I don't matter to Monaco." The answer I got wasn't what I expected," No but we want your business anyway." I was thinking about trading up but if this is the way they feel, I will not own another Monaco. I did send a letter to the CEO and got no reply.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:23 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Responses like this are symptomatic of deep employee dissatisfaction in their jobs. I've noticed it in the RV industry in general from the day I bought our first Safari in 2000. A good friend was a dispatcher for a major natl service company ahd after a few yrs developed the same syndrome. Comments like "Monaco doesn't care about us" will elicit a response thzt is designed to end a conversation that the person can do nothing about. Over time these responses will get more pointed till the person either quits or is fired. Since most of their conversations are recorded I'd suspect that Monaco management knows full well that there is a problem. While the most desired response would be for Monaco to fix the problem the most probable fix will be applied to the employee. It's a lot cheaper.

Ron
Old 09-24-2007, 02:34 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
We have owned various RV's for many years, the last being a 5th wheel...we bought our first Class A DIP early this year...an 01 Monaco Dynasty. Never experienced service frustrations with any of my previous RV's, in fact, did many things myself..but then they are far less complex. My experience so far with the DIP, and what I hear constantly on these forums is that, for the most part, few are satisfied with their delar's service facilities or the quality of the tech's they emply, and taking them to the factory repair facility can be equally frustrating. No doubt DIP's have very complex systems...and I truly beleive that the mfg's quality control is the consumer. I agree with PursherPilot...the attitude of individual employees does not necessarily reflect the attitude of management...and I don't beleive that Monaco's management doesn't care if they have satisfied customers...be persistant...don't send letters...call and leave messages for senior managers and see what happens! Persistance and tenacity is what you need!!! Good Luck!!!!!
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:56 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I agree with teofff. Monaco does care but sometime you need to call back and get an employee who also cares. Most Monaco employees I have talked to have been very knowledgeable and helpful. I just had a wheel seal leak on my new 2007 less than 11 miles on it. The fist person at Monaco was less than helpful but the next one made sure she stayed on the line until eneryone from Monaco, Dana ( the axle people) and myself were satisified. \
Pepole do care and will do a good job if you are reasonable and kind to them. Explain the problem with a caln voice and you will fine most people respond very well to your needs.
Just my opion having been is sales, customer service and a customer for over 39+ years. Now retired. My customer taught me a lot in those years.
Corvette Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:27 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I think Monaco does care . I had a 2005 knight and now have a 2008 Beaver. I had some issues with the Knight and Monaco helped get them corrected. The 2008 Contessa is now at the Wildwood facility anf the people there have been very pleasant. Things do go wrong with all coaches and all models--what happens when you bring it in for service is what counts and we have been very satisfied with Monaco.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:46 AM   #7

This is an update. The CEO of Monaco did reply to my letter and I also recieved a call. They apologised for what had happened and they are looking in to it. I was having the same problems with the back up monitor and the parts needed were shipped overnight. They have restored my faith in Monaco and said they will make the coach right.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:23 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Good to hear. Thanks for posting the update.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:33 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Bill&Linda...
Yippee!! I will tell you that I do have faith in Monaco..sometimes they are a little slower than we like... but I have faith in Monaco...sometimes.. I think they may even watch this space at times! (Thank You Monaco! )

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:45 AM   #10

I have been very pleased with Monaco's factory service. They have repaired everything I asked them to and some things I was not aware of. Our present coach is the 2nd Monaco product in a row we have owned. We bought the 2nd one based on the fact I think they make one of the better rv's out there and on the service that we received at the factory. Excellent service and we were treated very well.

We never have and never will take our coach to a dealer for service. Been there, done that. They are idiots. They inept to the point of being dangerous. It is so bad in this area people are going out of state to buy their coaches and everyone is taking them to the factory for service. Most in this area go to the Diamond Hill or Harrisburg service centers in Oregon.

I have also used their tech support line to ask questions and get advice. They have always been polite and helpful and have always been available.
gasbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:23 AM   #11
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill & Linda Wise:
This is an update. The CEO of Monaco did reply to my letter and I also recieved a call. They apologised for what had happened and they are looking in to it. I was having the same problems with the back up monitor and the parts needed were shipped overnight. They have restored my faith in Monaco and said they will make the coach right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice to see this update....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:46 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I have to say that Monaco has been GREAT with us so far. Our MH was taken there after the electrician put in the 220 and they were great to deal with. Before we could get it to Elkhart, they were nothing but courteous and very helpful!! Steve called Jeffrey several times to verify things and they just called to tell us our MH is ready--done 4 days ahead of schedule! Unfortunately Jeffrey already bought his plane ticket and can't get there until Thursday to p/u our coach.
We are SO thrilled to be getting it back at a cost MUCH less than anticipated...........

Wish they had a service center closer to us in Arizona~!
mom2mastiffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:19 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Mom2mastiffs...That is great news...sorry he can't get back any sooner...but what great service!!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 04:08 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Karen, that's great news. ...and I'm sure a big load of your minds.

I know what you mean about how far away the service centers are. Living in the NE, there is no way I'll ever be able to get to one until after we retire. IMO, they need two more locations - one in the Southwest and another in the Northeast part of the country. Then they would be able to reasonably service all Monaco owners.

Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote