Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2016, 01:42 PM   #1

Dometic "Blizzard NXT" roof AC

Has anyone installed one of these? Dometic announced it almost a year ago, and at least one of their "highly trained" dealers has never heard of it. Another said, "Oh, that's only for the European market."

I need to replace my two roof AC's soon. I don't want or need heat pumps. But I would like to replace my two 13,500 BTU units with two 15,000 BTU. I've read conflicting reviews of the Brisk Air II.
Southeastern NC
Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2016, 11:23 AM   #2

Vanwill, were you able to learn anything about these units, or did you end up buying them? I have the same situation with my 2002 Dynasty. Want to replace both original 13.5 units with 15,000 BTU, and the Blizzard NXT looks like a potentially good option. Thanks for any help!
Old 07-12-2016, 11:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiedad View Post
Vanwill, were you able to learn anything about these units, or did you end up buying them? I have the same situation with my 2002 Dynasty. Want to replace both original 13.5 units with 15,000 BTU, and the Blizzard NXT looks like a potentially good option. Thanks for any help!
Vanwill is currently on a trip to Alaska. He may not respond for a little while.

Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:53 AM   #4

Very loud and also noticeably taller than factory unit as I recall. IIRC I seen a couple while in Fla snowbirding and the noise is what got my attention as it did also some others in the park.

How it works? IDK? but you might want o hear on run.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:29 PM   #5

"Very Loud" Boy I hope not. I'm having my Penguin II units replaced with the 15K NXT HP's and was hoping that they are quieter than what I have now. Guess we'll find out after the install.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lass View Post
"Very Loud" Boy I hope not. I'm having my Penguin II units replaced with the 15K NXT HP's and was hoping that they are quieter than what I have now. Guess we'll find out after the install.

Please keep us posted Lass. Is your install coming soon? I haven't really been able to verify availability of these units. Where did you buy yours?
Old 07-13-2016, 09:28 AM   #7

Dometic Blizzard NXT not yet available

I just got a response from an inquiry to Dometic, and here is what they said about the Blizzard NXT H551816, which is the 15,000 BTU a/c & heat pump unit:

"Thank you for contacting Dometic. Unfortunately, those units are not available to buy yet. We are hoping by the end of the year or early next year they will be on the market.

We appreciate this opportunity to address your situation and hope all of your future travels are trouble free. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time to order parts or for further assistance."
Old 07-13-2016, 09:35 AM   #8

Dometic "Blizzard NXT" roof AC

I had to get permission from Dometic for the warranty replacement and from what I understand they are not yet available for retail sales. We waited 4 weeks for delivery and they were received last Friday but I was leaving on vacation the next day so the Install will be about 3 weeks out.

If you want more details, we have a thread going on the Newmar forum titled "Newmar roof top AC.

The H551816 is the correct pn. What I can add is that the box labels still say made in China.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:28 AM   #9

Lass, I'm very interested to see how these units work out for you. I am not in a great hurry, but would like to replace mine before winter if possible. I am also looking hard at the Atwood Air Command, which seem to have pretty positive feedback. I'll look for your thread in the Newmar owners section as well. Thanks!
Old 07-14-2016, 05:13 PM   #10

The units that I saw and that I also heard that were loud ( to me ) and talking about were both tall and square and said Dometic Blizzard.

I wasnt trying to slam any brand or mislead anyone,as a matter of fact just a few weeks ago replaced my rear unit with a Dometic penguin low profile with a heat pump and so far am very pleased.

Sorry of any confusing on this.

Happy Hunting
Old 07-14-2016, 06:14 PM   #11

I have no problem with your statement and am already committed to the 15K Blizzard NXT HP units. I was not happy with my 2 sets of Penguin II and basically forced Dometic into a change of units. The last set lasted only 2 weeks.

With all of the engineering claims for this new design I would hope for some improvement.

As I said before, we'll see in about 3 weeks.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:48 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Looked them up and they seem interesting. Check out the video on this web site..... Looks like an improvement over the Dometic Penguin II

Blizzard NXT - Dometic Corp

Dave
Old 07-15-2016, 08:07 AM   #13

FWIW, I saw and heard a Blizzard on a 5th wheel ... the 5th wheel also had a Penquin II on the front. The owner said the mixed units were due to total height requirements. I asked about performance and noise and he said the Penquin II and Blizzard seemed to be the same ... had no issues with either one.

Dometic is currently shipping Blizzards to manufacturers but doesn't have enough units for the retail aftermarket. A few dealers (like CampingWorld) are showing specific models as available ... could be.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:45 PM   #14

Bruce, you're following the Blizzards. How did they sound to you??

Tags
dometic, roof