Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2022, 10:14 AM   #1

Dometic HeatPump Constant Run

Sometime in the night, our front Dometic HeatPump decided to declare independence from the rest of the RV. It is not communicating with the thermostat (Micro-Air Easy Touch 357) and is running constantly in heat in what I think is slow fan mode. I don't know for sure, but it does not appear to be Max heat. I think if it was running in Max heat we would be burning up by now. The air coming out of the register is warm, just not sure it is as warm as normal. But that is a guess.
The only way I can get it to shut off is to open (turn off) the breaker. When I shut (turn on) the breaker, it comes back on.
The rear Dometic HeatPump is operating as normal using the same thermostat.
My first thought is that there is a communication or 12vdc problem that is preventing communication between the control board and the thermostat.
Any thoughts or troubleshooting tips?
HammerGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2022, 11:05 AM   #2

Well....I can't believe it was this simple. I'm a computer guy and the "ON/OFF" test is always one of the first things we try. I had turned the breakers off and back on but that didn't fix it. I didn't want to take the thermostat off the wall because it was difficult and I was afraid I might break it. Well..I got it off (without breaking it), unplugged it and plugged it back in. Shazam! It works now.
HammerGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 12:46 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Glad you got it working.
Sounds like it was a sketchy contact in the data cable?
Turning off the breaker only interrupts power to the compressor and fan. The rest of the unit is 12v.
There's also a button sequence to restart the thermostat that's worth a try in cases like that.
Cheers,
Walter

Tags
dometic, heat, pump