Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2015, 07:08 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
door awning

I think I just stripped the gear on the Carefree door awning. Does anyone know if I have to take the whole unit off the side of the coach or can I take it apart with out removing the whole assy.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2015, 07:10 PM   #2
YC1

Probably safer and easier to remove it. There are many threads on how to repair and find the replacement motor.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:13 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Yea your probably right. First thing in the morning. It would have to happen the day before we are ready to leave.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:18 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you can support the reel with the awning, you can remove the motor and cap on the end of the reel. Drill the cap and motor shaft and put a split pin or cotter pin through the hole and replace it on the reel. That fixed mine, I found pictures on IRV2 showing where people had done it before. I called Carefree and they would sell me an updated motor and drum with a $100 discount but were out of stock at the end of last month.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:29 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Just repaired mine about a month ago... http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/care...ir-254915.html
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 03:11 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Well the plastic driver cup teeth were broke so for now I pined it to the motor shaft with a number 10 screw and nut. I also filled the cup up with jb weld. will see in the morning how it works. Will order a new motor when I get back.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:09 PM   #7

I just had the plastic gear on my Carefree door awning disintegrate a month ago when I was on the road. I removed the awning from my rig by removing the 2 screws and sliding the awning forward on the track. When I returned home I ordered a new replacement motor # R001189 from Amazon for $113 including shipping. Simple repair and they have redesigned the motor and eliminated the plastic gear.

Dan
2007 Diplomat SKQ
dimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:29 AM   #8

door awning

Mine popped out (SPROING) the night before departure. I pushed it in, drilled 2 holes, "whirred" in 2 screws, and sealed it up forever!
What is a door awning? A bit of sad glitz and poor technology that keeps the rain off you for the last 3 feet from the car to the door. Shade? Bah! Thats what the curtain does but better.
Just 2 screws and freedom was mine.
Happy Trails!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 02:29 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Ha, you got a point there campdaven

Tags
awning, door