Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2017, 10:46 PM   #1

Drag link

Bushings on the drag link for my 2003 Camelot 38PST are done. Having a hard time locating the exact replacement. GEtting the run around from the local shop. Anyone have any suggestions??
Neil0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2017, 12:07 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I would take the old one off, clean it really good, and get the part # off it if you can, or take the part to your local Truck Parts Store, and have them match it up? Just what I would do, sounds like the shop you chose does not have a clue, and I would find another shop, or do the work yourself, swap it out and then have the shop set the Tow In, that will be the only thing that will change in the alignment! Rail!
Old 11-20-2017, 04:49 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil0325 View Post
Bushings on the drag link for my 2003 Camelot 38PST are done. Having a hard time locating the exact replacement. GEtting the run around from the local shop. Anyone have any suggestions??
Neil,

Many Monaco coaches have a bent drag link to prevent the roadside tire from contacting the drag link on a sharp turn. To keep the drag link in the correct orientation Monaco had the tie rod end near the axle welded in place. We understand that Cary Kaiser at Kaiser Brake and Alignment (800) 877-5890 can repair or manufacture any Monaco drag link. He will even build you one with replaceable ties on both ends.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:05 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Can't help with your question but wanted to say hello! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
Neil,

Many Monaco coaches have a bent drag link to prevent the roadside tire from contacting the drag link on a sharp turn. To keep the drag link in the correct orientation Monaco had the tie rod end near the axle welded in place. We understand that Cary Kaiser at Kaiser Brake and Alignment (800) 877-5890 can repair or manufacture any Monaco drag link. He will even build you one with replaceable ties on both ends.

Bob

X2, Kaiser will make same day. They also have many original Monaco suspension parts.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:23 PM   #6

So, update.....apparently it wasn’t a bushing at all, it was just a dust cover. Once I heard that I felt like an idiot. After just simply looking at it I “assumed”
It was a bushing. All is good on the front end after a thorough inspection, once joints start wearing we will end up upgrading everything. Thanks for the feed back!!
Neil0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:58 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to tomgauger
Drag Link Fix!

Source Engineering in Oregon built a new drag link for my '01 Exec.
Get in touch with Jim Walls. jim.w@source1mfg.com
They may have been the original manufacturers.
Walsh will send a PDF with a drawing of your drag link. There are six or seven measurements you will carefully make and this will require you to get under your coach to do it.
Everyone should check the rear end of their drag link for any kind of play.
tomgauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:18 PM   #8

Yea source did a drag link for my 2001 windsor 40pwd great part but was lots of measurements
smballou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 05:27 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Had Source make one for our coach as well. Several measurements needed and it will fit perfectly! Best part is that both ends are replaceable with standard truck parts. No more buying a complete drag link when a ball end or dust boot needs replacement.