Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2012, 06:47 AM   #1

Drivers Seat

I have a 2005 Monaco LaPalma and according to the owners manual the drivers seat will swivel all the way around....can someone please tell me how to get the seat passed the steering wheel? I have done everything but stand on my head.....lol Thanks so much!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2012, 07:02 AM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
drivers seat

Make sure the seat is in the rearmost position and the steering wheel is forward and in the upmost position. It should clear. You can also spray the cable,track and pull lever under the seat for easier operation. WD40 seems to work best. Hope this helps.
wolf1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:04 AM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
drivers seat

Almost forgot. If you coach has a slide out right behind the drivers seat make sure it is out. On my Endeavor if the slide is in the seat can't go back far enough to clear the steering wheel.
wolf1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
LarPar2012....If I recall on some, place the steering wheel all the way up, slide the seat all the way back. Tilt the seat backrest all the way forward and put the armrests down. Now try and turn it. The armrests need to be down so that the wiidth of the seat back is narrow enough to squeeze past the wheel. You may need to play with the seat backrest position a little as you do it, so that the armrests are just under the wheel as you turn it.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #5

Do not try and swivel the drivers seat a full 360!!! You just might rip the electrial connection a part. On ours I need to have the steering wheel in the full forward tilt, and the drivers seat will clear it.
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have the same problem with my 2005 Bounder and I have tried everything and still can't get it past the wheel.

1fanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fanman
I have the same problem with my 2005 Bounder and I have tried everything and still can't get it past the wheel.
I gave up....lol
Old 11-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
LarPar2012....If I recall on some, place the steering wheel all the way up, slide the seat all the way back. Tilt the seat backrest all the way forward and put the armrests down. Now try and turn it. The armrests need to be down so that the wiidth of the seat back is narrow enough to squeeze past the wheel. You may need to play with the seat backrest position a little as you do it, so that the armrests are just under the wheel as you turn it.
i dont have a winnie but that is the same way mine works ,it almost doesn't make it you just gotta find the sweet spot
brianj
Old 11-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You wind up moving the seat one way to clear one obstruction, another way to clear another and so on and when you are done it faces back to the living quarters and you head for the kitchen.. Cause you need something that's in the fridge.