RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2020, 05:31 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
A throw from deep left field ....

Possible to swap arms to see if it does the same with passenger side ???

Part of the reason I went to the shorter blades also,

seemed to lessen the load on the arms (and my wallet !)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2020, 06:12 PM   #16

Yes....the length of the linkage controls the arm movement and how far the arm can move....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 06:17 PM   #17

Sounds like it isn't the same as mine or both sides would exhibit the problem maybe to varying degrees.
I'd look for worn / looseness in the linkages on the side you are having the problem. If there isn't looseness then I'd shorten that link
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 09:00 PM   #18

had a similar problem with a Pathfinder I had purchased new. the wiper arm on the drivers side would over travel and scratch the paint on the window frame .

brought it in for repairs they said they had corrected it
first time I used the wipers after the repair and repaint it did the same thing.

I contacted the wiper manufacturer for more information. Was told that the wiper parts were assembled backwards from the factory. he told me how to identify if the parts were assembled incorrectly. They were assembled incorrectly left part was on the right side right part was on the left side. had the dealer send a mobile mechanic to my home I then showed him how to correct it. worked fine after that
doublechevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 09:15 PM   #19

Thumbs up driver's side wiper hitting

Maybe possible to find measurement of long linkage, then make sure yours match. Or, from inside coach run wiper to extreme left and shut off power while wiper is there. Now, try moving wiper arm while observing any movement of linkages that are wrong. Hope this helps.
R Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:00 AM   #20

Thanks everyone for all your thoughts as much appreciated!

Turns out the problem was that the exterior nut which sits on the wiper pivot shaft needed to be tightened further. It was snug which explained why the wiper arm and it's arc was fine when stopped, however when driving and the wind put extra pressure on the wiper arm the fact that it wasn't fully tight allowed the wiper pivot shaft to rotate so the wiper arm would go beyond it's normal arc as well. Once the wiper pivot shaft nut was tightened down the wiper arm doesn't extend beyond its normal arc when driving down the road and using the wipers.

Sorry I wasted your guys time as that now seems like a pretty obvious thing I should've double checked! Safe travels all -
Rainman13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver, fuse