Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2012, 05:05 AM   #1

drop down tv 06 patriot

does anyone know how to access the wiring from the drop down ceiling type tv on an 06 patriot? thanks! jim
beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Jim are you asking about the antenna and power or about the drop down mechanism power wires?? Also what size TV is it??

Dave
Old 06-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #3

dave, what i'm looking for is how all the wires power/hdmi/etc. are routed and how you access them. i am planing on installing a permanent 32" tv above the driver so you don't need to be dodging the drop down when your in and out through the day. it is kinda of a pain i the head sometimes thanks!

jim
Old 06-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
On mine there is a panel on the back of the drop down that I removed, (screws hold it in place) then I could see the TV feed that comes thru the front cabinet ceiling and then routes to the cabinet above the pass. seat. That is where the sat receiver is at. The bottom of that cabinet comes up and all the wires are there on mine.

Good Luck

Dave
Old 06-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #5

Thanks Dave, guess I'll start rippin and tearing!
Jim
Old 06-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #6

Jim,

Mine is stuck closed at present, and I don't use the coach for long enough stretches to be bothered fixing it (so much to fix on a regular basis on these babies), so I cancelled my satellite service. When I was using the TV I really appreciated the clever design that put the sharp corner of the metal frame right where the head of an unsuspecting person entering the coach will come up into it.

Surprised they have not been sued over it.

Good luck, post pictures of your conversion.

Paul.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #7

Will do!
Old 06-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #8

distaff:
If you will push the TV switch twice in rapid sucession, the motor should work and down will come the TV. Have had same problem from time to time. Then discovered the double click like on our computers and all is well. Also are you sure you want to eliminate the drop down system. We were able to get a 50 inch TV in the same place the old 37 inch went. Now we have a beautiful HD picture.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #9

Stretch - I'll try that but I'm not optimistic!

I won't be switching out the drop down TV, it isn't that important to me right now, although things are looking like I might spend more time south this year, in which case I will get to the bottom of it and get a new satellite service going.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #10

well, i finished the install of the 32" vizio led over the drivers side. we're very happy having both tv's up front. during the day when we are in and out its nice not having the head banger drop down, but when were in for the night and want to get into a good movie we can still drop down the big one! i will post a pic tomorrow! jim
Old 06-24-2012, 05:27 AM   #11

for those of you interested in this addition it was very easy. i removed left overhead cabinet door, blocked in the opening, bolted the tv onto surface by reaching through from right cabinet, cut overhead trim and reinstalled. the tv is only a 1 1/2" thick so it only protrudes out 3/4" more than cabinet door. jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	329.0 KB
ID:	22787