Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2012, 08:51 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Dumping Air Suspension

I have a "Dumping Air Suspension [DAS] Switch" and I also have an Auto Leveling System [ALS]. I was told when I purchased this 'used' vehicle, to use the DAS Switch to deplete the air from my suspension.
I have read that when you have an ALS, it automatically dumps the air first then commences the leveling process.

I have noticed that my front air suspension does not deflate as the rear ones.

1. Is there a recommended fix that I can accomplish myself to fix this?
2. Should my ALS activate my DAS Switch?
OnJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #2

What I've found is there are too many different ways to level your coach to provide generic answers to your questions - especially regarding the one about your "ALS" activating your "DAS"... Hopefully you have an owners manual to check that out in, or if not, provide more detail about your system in the hope that somebody is familiar with how that one works?

If your front bags are not deflating properly, that is something many will troubleshoot and repair themselves. Generally, the system uses solenoids to control air pressures. When you dump the air, a solenoid valve opens electrically, allowing the bag(s) to deflate. From there though, things start changing again depending on how the system is plumbed. Once the dump solenoid is located, you can check to see if it's getting power when the DAS is activated. If it is, many times you may find a mud dauber has built a nest blocking the outlet on the solenoid... preventing it from venting the air, even though the solenoid is opening.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you on reminding me of the "solenoid". I have two [2] "I would call them solenoids" that have the wires broken off that activates the power on my frame which I noticed this past winter while servicing it. I will hook them up to see if they are connected to the DAS.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnJa View Post
Thank you on reminding me of the "solenoid". I have two [2] "I would call them solenoids" that have the wires broken off that activates the power on my frame which I noticed this past winter while servicing it. I will hook them up to see if they are connected to the DAS.
Just consider the potential for what might happen when one or both of those airbags decides to deflate while you're under it! If you aren't sure, drive it up on some planks to get some extra ground clearance. I don't even trust safety jacks when it comes to working on something this heavy...
Old 06-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
I have a "Dumping Air Suspension [DAS] Switch" and I also have an Auto Leveling System [ALS]. I was told when I purchased this 'used' vehicle, to use the DAS Switch to deplete the air from my suspension.
I have read that when you have an ALS, it automatically dumps the air first then commences the leveling process.

I have noticed that my front air suspension does not deflate as the rear ones.

1. Is there a recommended fix that I can accomplish myself to fix this?
2. Should my ALS activate my DAS Switch?
Onja, I have the same system (HWH with no jacks) and there are two ways to level. If you have jacks (or another system other than HWH) that extend to level, then disregard the info below.

First Way: Dump the air and then push the air level button twice. This method will level the coach automatically by raising the lowest point front to back and side to side.
Second Way: Do not dump the air. Push the air level button twice. This method will cause the system to lower the highest point front to back and side to side.

Both methods will get you level unless you are on a very steep slope. In this case, your pad will light up showing slope to steep. If you can't move, you may have to add a board or two under your low point wheels and try again.

The second method may leave you very close to your ride height if you are already close to level.

The first method will put you closer to the ground and make it easier to step out of the coach.

Just make sure that before you use method 1 or 2, that you put your slides out while at ride height and when you are ready to leave, you start up your coach bring the air up to achieve ride height before you bring your slides in.
Also, if you choose to dump the air first before leveling, make sure your steer wheels are straight and never move the coach until you are back at ride height.

ON EDIT: just saw you coach year and model at the end of your post. You can probably disregard what I posted above but it may help understand how the HWH system works.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:27 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
How do I determine what type my 'leveling system' is?

I see you mention the HWH system in the last post. I have saw other types mentioned in other post.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
How do I determine what type my 'leveling system' is?

I see you mention the HWH system in the last post. I have saw other types mentioned in other post.
I would start by calling Monaco coach with you VIN/coach number and see if they can help. If not, see if you have a reservoir under the inside front door step. Lift up on the step and see if anything is there. Tell us what you see. Also, take a look at your touch pad where the switch is and see if there is anything printed on it? Here is a link to some pic of HWH pads. http://www.hwhcorp.com/coach3.html
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension