Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2014, 06:48 PM   #1

Dynasty Bedroom Slide

2007 Dynasty. Anyone know the MANUFACTURE of the electric bedroom slide?

Monaco installation of our slide is of the poorest workmanship I have ever seen. Monaco anchored slide framing using oval head #12 wood screws 1 1/2 inches long. A total of 18 screws were installed into what looks like (18) 1/4 inch holes in slide frame framing.

The problem is, all screws have come out of flooring and are laying on floor under bed.

A/C electric wiring is pinched between floor and slide frame. D/C wires to motor are pinched between slide frame and exterior wall. Amazing nothing has shorted.
Motor support and track that was to be anchored to end of bed framing has no holes drilled in bracket. One hole was started to be drilled never completed. This allows torquing and raising of track during operation.
Who ever Mfg. this slide has to be proud it worked after such poor installation. Sent photos to Monaco tech, no response so far.
Life Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2014, 05:31 PM   #2

Found Manufacture

Lippert is the manufacture of this slide. Per their tech department they DO NOT make any recommendation to OEM on proper anchoring. Hard to believe but that is what they told me. Monaco had no solution to offer other then installing larger screws.
I thought they used number 12 Screws but it turned out to be number 10.
Tried using 3/8 lag bolt but couldn't get it to bite. O'Well I'll keep trying to find a way to bolt slide frame to flooring.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:22 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Style View Post
2007 Dynasty. Anyone know the MANUFACTURE of the electric bedroom slide? Monaco installation of our slide is of the poorest workmanship I have ever seen. Monaco anchored slide framing using oval head #12 wood screws 1 1/2 inches long. A total of 18 screws were installed into what looks like (18) 1/4 inch holes in slide frame framing. The problem is, all screws have come out of flooring and are laying on floor under bed. A/C electric wiring is pinched between floor and slide frame. D/C wires to motor are pinched between slide frame and exterior wall. Amazing nothing has shorted. Motor support and track that was to be anchored to end of bed framing has no holes drilled in bracket. One hole was started to be drilled never completed. This allows torquing and raising of track during operation. Who ever Mfg. this slide has to be proud it worked after such poor installation. Sent photos to Monaco tech, no response so far.
Photo?
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:35 PM   #4

Photo

Hi Jeff

Re: Photo Please forward E address. I'll forward photos. I am also trying to attach a photo. You will not believe how poor workmanship really is.

Tom
Old 03-07-2014, 05:32 AM   #5

On our 2004 I removed the screws added star washers and they have not backed out yet KOW...
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:44 AM   #6

Burgy

Screws pulled out of plywood flooring when bed lifted as slide was being brought in. I had my back to the slide and did not realize bed was lifting.
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010001.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	365.7 KB
ID:	57677
Old 03-07-2014, 02:02 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Burgy Screws pulled out of plywood flooring when bed lifted as slide was being brought in. I had my back to the slide and did not realize bed was lifting.
Can you go up one size in screw diameter and possible 1/4" in length (make sure it's available). Lock washer and refasten.
They do come loose after riding on some of our nations highways getting beat about in a gale storm.

I'm sure Monaco has build issues out there when people learned they were getting laid off. Put it back together, enjoy and repeat.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:22 PM   #8

One thing they should have done is not installed over the carpet over time it compress for then the screws get loose and the whole things moves and eventually then all work loose.

2016 Newmar London Aire
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:37 PM   #9

Why can't you drill some new holes between the existing holes and then use a proper size screw?
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:36 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgy View Post
One thing they should have done is not installed over the carpet over time it compress for then the screws get loose and the whole things moves and eventually then all work loose.
Good point!
Old 03-08-2014, 10:27 AM   #11

Burgy

Carpet; Very good point. Tks.

Moisheh. I'll investigate spacing between holes to find out if there is no plywood damage from screws being pulled out. The plywood damage is the issue of going to larger screws. I can't get a bite using a 3/8 Lag, 1 1/2. I like your idea thanks.

Today i'll see if I can bolt through flooring which would work providing if there is clearance underneath.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:25 PM   #12

I don't know how much room you have but is it possible to put a heavy strap across the top of the floor mount. Maybe 3/16 by 4 inches wide and as long as required. You would drill holes in the end of the straps. 2 at each end. This would spread the forces out over a larger area. I do not think the floor is very thick and that may be why the slide mount pulled out. I have a sofa in one of my slides and it was squeaking . I found that the screws had pulled out of the floor. I was able to drill a few new holes and put larger screws in the existing holes. I never use wood screws Always sheet metal screws. The advice to go longer might not be a good idea . If the floor is say 1/2 inch a 2 inch screw won't hold any tighter than a one inch. Lags don't bite very well in thin materials.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:44 PM   #13

Moisheh

Slide roller guides are held down with Everbilt sheet metal screws. I'll have to make another trip to hardware store. I understand your point of using sheet metal screws. Thank you, you have been a big help.

Monaco installing system over carpet is a real problem but nothing can be done about it at this time.

Tom
Old 03-09-2014, 04:47 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Moisheh

Slide roller guides are held down with Everbilt sheet metal screws. I'll have to make another trip to hardware store. I understand your point of using sheet metal screws. Thank you, you have been a big help.

Monaco installing system over carpet is a real problem but nothing can be done about it at this time.

Tom
Maybe you could drill out the hole in the slide frame to 1/4 and use some of these:
HEX WASHER HEAD

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide