Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2018, 11:05 PM   #1

Dynasty step cover

Looking for troubleshooting advice for erratic step cover. I believe it to be air vs electrically operated based solely on the sound and nature it operates, very quickly and with a very positive action. While driving with it the closed extended position it suddenly retracted and remained in that position despite using both available switches. Once at our destination
with the ignition off it suddenly extended then retracted on its own. Following that there was again no response when using the switches. Later when checking the fuse in the FRB which was good, I removed and replaced it and the cover started working normally, responding to switch inputs. When departing it again remains in the retracted position without movement. Is there a controller for the cylinder, where would it be, and how would I test it?
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2018, 05:42 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
There is a MAC valve on the passenger's side mounted on a post. Access by opening the Generator cover and looking near the front of the passenger side. It is a blue valve with three 1/4" air hose connections and two screws on side to regulate air. Try cleaning it out before replacing. I'd use something non petro. 45A-AA2-DDCA-1BA is the part number. 45A-AA2-DDBA-1BA will also work and was available from APC automation when I needed one. Ebay and NW RV parts are other options. If replacing be sure to tighten regulator screws all the way clockwise before installing and only open the screws enough to operate the cover at a slow rate.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtBt View Post
There is a MAC valve on the passenger's side mounted on a post. Access by opening the Generator cover and looking near the front of the passenger side. It is a blue valve with three 1/4" air hose connections and two screws on side to regulate air. Try cleaning it out before replacing. I'd use something non petro. 45A-AA2-DDCA-1BA is the part number. 45A-AA2-DDBA-1BA will also work and was available from APC automation when I needed one. Ebay and NW RV parts are other options. If replacing be sure to tighten regulator screws all the way clockwise before installing and only open the screws enough to operate the cover at a slow rate.

Agree with DtBt

I have heard of people flushing the mac valve with WD40 with good results .
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:05 AM   #4

Thanks! I will check that out.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:49 PM   #5

It sounds to me like it is an electrical issue. Since it functions on it's own sometimes and not when you use either of the switches sometimes and sometimes functions when using a switch, I think you have a bad wire or connection somewhere. It is an air cylinder that moves the cover but it is controlled electrically. As was stated earlier, it is adjustable as to how aggressively it opens and closes. I would start by looking at the wires closest to the cylinder and work back to the switches. Good luck and let us know what you find.
Dave
Woodman018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:25 PM   #6

I was finally able to locate the MAC valve. It was on the passenger side near the generator but only visible from underneath. It appears to be getting power, a audible “click” can be heard when activating the switches. Next step will be to remove it and clean or just replace it. That will have to wait till we’re at the next spot.

Tags
cover