RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2020, 01:29 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Electric flush toilets

I have a 2007 holiday rambler ambassador. It has 2 electric flush toilets
Does anyone know if those can be changed out for regular flush toilets?
My sensors read full after 8-10 flushes and then the red light comes on and wonít let you flush anymore. I do know how to override that feature but think I would like to swap them out if possible. Thanks.
Bob-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2020, 01:45 PM   #2

I considered doing that too, as our red light comes on at about 78 percent. Instead I cut into the sense wire and put a switch in the circuit. Now when that tank is FULL, I turn the switch so it cannot flush. If I'm just getting the light with a number of flushes left before I have to be concerned, I just disable the cutoff. Has worked great for us for 3 years, but it all depends on how you live. Cheap and easy, though.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 05:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-H View Post
I have a 2007 holiday rambler ambassador. It has 2 electric flush toilets
Does anyone know if those can be changed out for regular flush toilets?
My sensors read full after 8-10 flushes and then the red light comes on and won’t let you flush anymore. I do know how to override that feature but think I would like to swap them out if possible. Thanks.
I swapped my Aria electric flush out for the Dometic 320. The Dometic works great it has a porcelain elongated bowl.
mlh2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 05:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh2013 View Post
I swapped my Aria electric flush out for the Dometic 320. The Dometic works great it has a porcelain elongated bowl.

Did the same. No problem.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:51 PM   #5

I was thinking about replacing mine, manufacturer had the same foot print in manual flush but after ordering replacement module and switch decided to keep electric.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 06:23 AM   #6

Electric flush over ride

To over ride the full signal problem just keep your finger on the button for around 10 seconds until it flushes.
I agree the electronic toilet is a nuisance, we have learned to live with it.
Worst thing about it is it's a water hog and can go thru all our fresh water in a couple of days if we are boondocking. Careful management of when we flush can extend our stay to 7 days before we have to dump and refill the FW tank.
Brian
scouserl41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 09:19 AM   #7
YC1

Why not fix the problem in the tank?

Your in tank sprayer probably is not in position to clean the sensor area. Mine was on the far side. I added a second one and used quick disconnects to go from one to the other versus teeing them. I wanted more pressure. That worked fairly well but full timing the thing that annoyed me was my sensor light going yellow far too soon.

I got access to the sensor and moved it up. Now I have about ten flushes before the red light comes on after the yellow shines.

I ultimately removed the original in tank sprayer that was on the far side of the tank and cut an opening large enough to install a screw in deck plate with a clear cover. I can remove the cover of course and do a fantastic job of cleaning if needed.

Most likely there is no way to change the toilets to something else because they do not sit directly over the tanks.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 09:29 AM   #8

Yet another item that makes me question how lazy the human race can become. Are there actually people who say: "I did so much work today. I had to flush the toilet 7 times! Boy is my arm/leg tired."
Goodspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 05:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh2013 View Post
Did you have 2 toilets you replaced and were they both over the tank?
I donít think there is any way both of mine would be over the tank as one is in middle of coach and the other is in the back on other side
Old 10-30-2020, 05:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Why not fix the problem in the tank?

Your in tank sprayer probably is not in position to clean the sensor area. Mine was on the far side. I added a second one and used quick disconnects to go from one to the other versus teeing them. I wanted more pressure. That worked fairly well but full timing the thing that annoyed me was my sensor light going yellow far too soon.

I got access to the sensor and moved it up. Now I have about ten flushes before the red light comes on after the yellow shines.

I ultimately removed the original in tank sprayer that was on the far side of the tank and cut an opening large enough to install a screw in deck plate with a clear cover. I can remove the cover of course and do a fantastic job of cleaning if needed.

Most likely there is no way to change the toilets to something else because they do not sit directly over the tanks.
1- I just purchased this unit in July
2- I am not what you would call an expert on doing anything like moving sensors or cutting holes in tanks and adding sprayers
3- I looked underneath and and from what I saw I have no idea how to remove the under belly to even get to the tank
4- I appreciate your response and I may have to try what you suggested in the spring and just go at it one step at a time
Old 10-30-2020, 06:01 PM   #11

Don't toilets, not over the tank require a macerating toilet?
Old 10-30-2020, 06:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeTheWay View Post
Don't toilets, not over the tank require a macerating toilet?
They would require something--I wasn't thinking of two toilets in my lazy post.

Maybe RV's should have a toilet and a urinal. Less room, easier plumbing! ;-)
Goodspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 06:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-H View Post
Did you have 2 toilets you replaced and were they both over the tank?
I donít think there is any way both of mine would be over the tank as one is in middle of coach and the other is in the back on other side
I only have one toilet and yes it drops straight into the tank.
mlh2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:05 AM   #14
YC1

Bob, It is highly unlikely you would access the tanks from the bottom in your rv.

Post a picture of your water bay area and someone that has or seen your model can tell for sure.

I will attach a link to some pictures. They are not current and the modification have come a long way since taking them. However they may guide you to a solution to your problem. The wet bay had a plastic panel that was so large that access behind it was impossible. Eventually an aluminum panel was cut to replace it and make accessing behind much easier. The nice vinyl just refused to stay stuck to the panel and has been replaced by carbon fiber looking material that has worked much better. Behind the panel the gray and black tanks are stacked on top of the water tank. The sensors are on the sides of the tank and thus accessible. I suspect your two toilets are fed off the same sensors but if not they likely are mounted next to each other an hence your toilets get very similar readings. Carefully removing the middle sensor and reattaching it solved my too early indication.

Once the panel was out the water hose reel was reversed to make the hose drop straight out the bottom instead of through a hole where it liked to bind. The switch for the reel was replaced and it now powers in and out.

The macerator was mounted on the floor and rarely used as well as making service impossible so it was removed and stored in a newly found space on the opposite side of the wet bay. Pictures show how that was accomplished.

The sewer drain pipe did not center on the bottom which was not a problem for the macerators little hose however a normal stinky slinky was very hard to attach. The hole was enlarged and screw in deck plate solved that.

The water faucet was turned over for better use. The slide valves now have a small hole on their face with a stainless screw to cap it. A few sprays of silicon each year and they stay nice and smooth.

The electric toilets allow installing the commode in many more places by using a pump to push the waste through a pipe versus letting gravity do the job.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqrv2TUdbV6xjy72...oiC9f?e=IFlIjU
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, toilet