Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2021, 08:48 AM   #29
YC1

IF you now suspect the AC units are not getting AC voltage you can go to your AC breaker panel and pull the cover off.

Buried on the right most likely is the EMS load shedding board. Use your nose close by to detect any smell of smoke.

There might be a label on the back of the AC panel that shows the pinouts of the EMS board. In any case it is easy to go to either of the AC breakers to see if there is voltage on the output of the breaker wire which then feeds over to the EMS.

Do this for both of the AC unit wires. Then measure all of the screw terminals going down the line. Take note and post those.

I need to review your thread to see what yr etc you have.

Jim is right on the money. With 50 amp shoreline you do not get any current readouts on the EMS.
2016 Ford F150 Limited V6 with Ready Brake
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2021, 08:57 AM   #30
YC1

Here is a clip from one of the files I posted a few comments back.

This should give you a visual of what is happening.

At some point in time you indicated you did not have 12 volts on the fuse panel in the bedroom. Or I think that was so. Then you indicated you have it now.

That really does not matter but the EMS board inside the AC breaker panel needs 12 volts to function.

If whatever effected your issue with the lack of 12 volts on that panel cause an issue with the EMS board it could be as simple as a fuse on the board itself.

Download the files shown in previous comments and do a search for EMS. You will come up with the manual I just picked the picture from.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EMS panel wiring from control board.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	302.2 KB
ID:	343247  
Old 09-19-2021, 05:57 PM   #31

Tank monitor

I only know the answer to your tank monitor question. This happened to us a few years back. Whenever you change your batteries your tank monitor will need to be reset. We called the manufacturer and sent it back into them and they reset it free of charge. Hope that helps
SanCristobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 08:49 PM   #32

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Does the SOLENOID have 12vdc on the SMALL WIRES TO THE COIL? If so, SOLENOID= BAD. If NOT, which solenoid, where located/ (re: purpose? CHARGE? BOOST? Battery DISCONNECT? A Battery Disconnect Solenoid ONLY requires MOMENTARY power to the COIL to CONNECT/ DISCONNECT. REVERSE POLARITY TO change status/ action. Bad ROCKER SWITCH will not let solenoid work? or solenoid can be bad and still CLUNK. LUCK
Old 09-19-2021, 08:51 PM   #33

Electrical Issue

Skip426 posted a picture of the main electrical panel. At the bottom left corner of the picture is a “latching solenoid”. When you press the switch next to the entrance door this press energizes the solenoid which either turns the DC power on or off. Power should then go to a high amp fuse which supplies power to the bank of fuses for all the various systems. The latching solenoid is prone to failure.

The solenoid in the battery compartment is typically a “Trombetta”. This solenoid allows the driver to start the coach if the starting batteries run down....theoretically. However, these solenoids can look perfectly normal from the outside, but...the interior contacts can be so corroded that the solenoid will not function. The solenoid also allows the house batteries to be charged by the alternator once the engine is started. This charging function happens as a result of the operation of the “Isolator Relay Delay” or if so equipped...a “Bi-Directional Isolator Relay Delay”. I changed out two Trombetta relays before I finally found a Marine Grade “Blue Sea” relay that would work consistently. This solenoid does not supply power to your house systems.

Check your latching solenoid. I suspect that is where you will find your problem.

JK
2007 Monaco Cayman
John Kaehms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 10:01 PM   #34
Eug

Monaco loss of electricity

I have a2008 Monaco Diplomat, had the exact same loss of 12 volts mostly to the rear of the coach, water pump and also the 110 to the roof AC’s. Found the battery cut out switch beside the passenger seat was shut off. Exact same problem you are having.
Eug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 12:02 AM   #35

You have may good suggestion of where to check, but here are three more:
1. Check that the power cut off switch inside the front door on the left by the seat has not been turned off.
2. Check 110 power is coming out of both of the circuit breakers on the inverter.
3. If there is an issue with the power from the 110 circuit breakers, there is a blown fuse in the inverter.
I believe it is a 0.25 amp fuse on one of the boards. You can get to it by removing the cover on the inverter. This is very important: Disconnect the battery cables from the inverter and wait 45 minutes for the unit to discharge. This is critical.
If the batteries were recently replaced, someone may have messed up the wiring, or maybe tried to charge the batteries with an incorrect hook up. They are 6 volt batteries wired to supply 12 volts to the inverter.
gwb2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:48 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Here is a clip from one of the files I posted a few comments back.

This should give you a visual of what is happening.

At some point in time you indicated you did not have 12 volts on the fuse panel in the bedroom. Or I think that was so. Then you indicated you have it now.

That really does not matter but the EMS board inside the AC breaker panel needs 12 volts to function.

If whatever effected your issue with the lack of 12 volts on that panel cause an issue with the EMS board it could be as simple as a fuse on the board itself.

Download the files shown in previous comments and do a search for EMS. You will come up with the manual I just picked the picture from.
Following.
WVPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 11:03 AM   #37

Ground Faults

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBarb RV View Post
Have not seen anyone suggest that you check all ground fault outlets. In my Monaco if the ground fault trips in the bathroom several unrelated 12 volt circuits stop working. The ground fault is 110 volt yet it feed something like a relay that powers other 12 volt circuits. On mine the thermostat, main awning, and other 12 volt devices stop working. Just an idea.
Good answer my Winniebago does that, if ground fault trip nothing works
David Fewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 05:24 PM   #38
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Fewell View Post
Good answer my Winniebago does that, if ground fault trip nothing works
Since this is a Monaco it is unlikely any gfci will effect 12 volt circuits. In any case, all things are possible but it sure is strange to hear this.

There may be some 12 volt power supplies that come into play on those units.

If the Monaco has a "multiplex system", I have no clue. I have not seen a decent schematic or even a block diagram for those.
Old 09-20-2021, 05:41 PM   #39

We have a 2008 Monaco Diplomat and have had a similar problem and found it to be the relay on the large circuit board in the run bay under the drivers seat (accessed from the outside). I would have the ac, mirror adjust and mirror heat and a couple of others quit. By changing the relay, everything would come back on. Not sure why and what causes the problem, but it is a very easy fix. Standard automotive relays work. I was able to get the wiring diagram from Rev products. Now I carry a couple extra and usually change about one a year.
Cevin
Cevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 07:40 AM   #40
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevin View Post
We have a 2008 Monaco Diplomat and have had a similar problem and found it to be the relay on the large circuit board in the run bay under the drivers seat (accessed from the outside). I would have the ac, mirror adjust and mirror heat and a couple of others quit. By changing the relay, everything would come back on. Not sure why and what causes the problem, but it is a very easy fix. Standard automotive relays work. I was able to get the wiring diagram from Rev products. Now I carry a couple extra and usually change about one a year.
Cevin

Welcome to the forum:

Here is a link to tons of files that will cover your Diplomat systems. Ours is a 2008 Endeavor so are sister ships.

The solenoid you refer to is often called the "Salesman" solenoid/switch system. That solenoid cuts off a lot of stuff and works hard. It can really throw bugs into the system and drive you crazy if you or a fur baby bumps the switch accidentally.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqrv2TUdbV6xjjsv...0-iNu?e=eiYbiT

Download all of the files when you have a good wi-fi. Keep a copy in the cloud or on a thumb drive in the RV.
Old 09-21-2021, 03:18 PM   #41

Check all your 12v fuses in the back of coach.
Chavau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 03:24 PM   #42

incredible amount of information, thank you. This should answer all of my questions before I even have them!
Cevin
Cevin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, electrical