Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2020, 08:07 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Electrical issues

I have a 2004.5 Monaco Diplomat (titled as a 2005 but actually 2004.5). I need the electrical wiring diagram of the front driver side distribution panel. I only have power to the chassis bank of fuses. Acc, Ignition 1, and Ignition 2 banks of fuses have no power. Can anyone help? Thanks.
bob7889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2020, 08:23 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob7889 View Post
I have a 2004.5 Monaco Diplomat (titled as a 2005 but actually 2004.5). I need the electrical wiring diagram of the front driver side distribution panel. I only have power to the chassis bank of fuses. Acc, Ignition 1, and Ignition 2 banks of fuses have no power. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Hi Bob, do you have a Battery Cutoff (Salesman) switch in the stairwell? If so check to make sure that it hasn't been bumped. If it looks to be good, then could be the solenoids that are controlled by the Cutoff switch that have gone bad. Very common issue. There is usually 2 solenoids activated by the Cutoff switch, 1 controls 12V house to the front of the coach (front run bay fuse block) and the second controls 12V house power to the rear of the coach (fuse box usually in the bedroom).

If you use the search bar above and search "battery cutoff switch" or "salesman switch" you should get about a 1000 threads on the issue, that's about how common the issue is .

That would be my first idea, given the info you have shared so far.

EDIT: In rereading your post, you say you only have power to the chassis fuses. But then you also say no power to the ACC, Ign1 and Ign2 fuses, those sound to be chassis power items. Did you mean you only have power to the House fuses?
Our 2001 Signature Repairs & Upgrades Thread
JJTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 08:32 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Thanks for the info. I will check tomorrow in the AM. I will let you know.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:34 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Does anyone know where I can wiring diagrams?
Old 05-22-2020, 06:47 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I got power back for the leveler but for up movement, no retract. Any ideas?
Old 05-22-2020, 07:24 AM   #6

Quote:
I got power back for the leveler but for up movement, no retract. Any ideas?
Not sure how similar your electrics are to my 2000 Dynasty, but in my front run bay are two contactors (like old Ford starter solenoids). With the ignition on, both those contactors have to close on my coach or power is lost to the dash and several other areas.

You probably have a switch near the engine that allows for starting the engine from a rear position. Be sure it is not in the "REAR" position.
Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 03:40 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I did get power back. I think the battery cutoff was bumped, The rocker on the switch is missing so it was easy to miss. Still no retract, had to open the valves on leveler system. Still investigating. Thanks for all the help. I got to search the Internet for wiring diagrams.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Still no retract, had to open the valves on leveler system. Still investigating. Thanks for all the help. I got to search the Internet for wiring diagrams.
Are your jacks double-acting hydraulic cylinders? Or do they have two large springs attached to the jack pad? If they have springs, the rods of those cylinders tend to get dirty and corroded and there is enough friction on the wiper seal to keep them from retracting. Clean the rods with Scotch-Brite and lubricate them. I have to do that to mine a couple of times a year when they get slow to retract.

If they retract when you open a manual valve, that would not seem to be your problem.
Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:59 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I will be checking the solenoids for power when I am trying to retract and go from there.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:52 AM   #10

Quote:
I will be checking the solenoids for power when I am trying to retract and go from there.
If they power down, there is no alternate power for up. In other words you either have power to the leveler or you don't. As Vanwill says, it is likely just sticky cylinders. I store my RV with jacks fully extended and tires off the floor. The first retract of the year takes a good 5 minutes. Once the cylinders are lubed from the retraction, it goes much faster the rest of the season.
Cj D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:39 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
NorthWest RV supply has the diagram for my 2007 Dynasty. Try them for your diagram. They are a good source for Monaco parts.
Old 05-23-2020, 08:46 AM   #12
YC1

Rockers are often available for just a couple of dollars. Shoot a picture and I bet we can help.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, electrical