Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2014, 09:06 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Electrical problem or what?

I need all the help I can get to resolve this one.

As we (DW and I) were in the process of getting the living room slide IN, it stop half way with a blink of all the ceiling lights that were on at the time.

We kept pressing the button with no result. There is a bunch of non related circuits that since do not work. For example, switches in the driver's dash to activate fog lights, windshield fans, docks lights, step cover don't work. On the driver console, the shades switch and ceiling lights don't get any response. As for the co-pilot console, the map light is out as well as the bay lights. Finally, the batteries, fresh, gray and black water and LP indicators are dead. (This is the 12 V panel above the entry door.)

The salesman switch is not the problem. Although I played enough with it that it is now dead for ever. I do not plan to replace it but to by-pass it.

I checked all breakers and fuses and found nothing wrong. I don't know much about electricity and need help.

Meanwhile, the living room is half way in (or is it half way out) and I am therefore grounded.

Thanks in advance.
BT-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2014, 09:22 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I would call Monaco support first thing in the morning.
Philliec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:27 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
It sounds like the large circuit breaker, in the line with the batteries and Battery Isolation Switch might be blown. Check for continuity with a test light or multimeter.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:54 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
With the number of issues you are describing it sounds like a major problem. You say you checked the salesman switch but did you check the relay it controls as this would disable all 12 volt.

Depending on the manufacturer & model of your slide system you should be able to manually get the slide in. On my 2002 Windsor it has an electric motor for the slide. The motor has a brake release on one end. Flip this brake lever and the slide can be manually pushed in, may need some help though. You can also use a wrench on the end of the shaft to help it along. After it is in put the lever in the original position to hold the slide in.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:12 AM   #5

Try by passing the house master switch, remove the switch and bolt the terminals together.
Rburian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:30 AM   #6
YC1

Why is the salesman switch "dead forever" ? It is highly likely it is the solenoid controlled by that switch. In later model years it is in the front run bay below the driver. Do a search fro "salesman switch" on this forum and see if you can find a picture that resembles yours. A very easy bypass to get you going once you find it. The solenoid is a simple device. Light wires control a heavy electronic valve that turns the power on and off.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/sale...ss-151607.html

Check this out.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 06:11 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Maybe bad ground(s)? When you get more than one seemingly-unrelated wiring fault, it's often due to a common ground going bad.
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:49 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
IF yoru salesman switch is an Intelletec control panel (two rocker switches, 3 position, a digital indicator (one of them activates if either end is pressed) and a round light... The other switch cause a "CLUNK" from somewhere (The battery control Center) and either connects or disconnects you.

THEN, there is one of two conditions that exists

ON the diagrams for my BCC, in teh bottom of the box it shows two 30 amp manual PUSH HARD TO RESET circuit breakers (post type)

I do not have them

Just to my right as I view the BCC is a black box that says it is an 80 amp self resetting thermal breaker.. These can fail to reset.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:02 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
An update

Thank you all for your comments/suggestions/help.

The technician who came to my rescue did a by-pass of the solenoid for the battery cut-off (salesman switch), That recovered the power to the 'house'.

He then did another solenoid by-pass, the latter located just next below the battery cut-off solenoid. That action re-established power to the number one (1) fuses banks located in the front bay, driver side. Since, everything works just fine. The slide is IN.

Sorry that I cannot explain any better the situation. I am a big zero when comes to electricity matters.

Thanks again!
BT-III is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical