RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2020, 12:47 PM   #15

Now I have to add the leveling jacks as a problem

I consulted with a nearby RV repair shop yesterday after slideout extended on its own seeking wisdom. Gentleman was very courteous, which one does not always find when seeking free advice. I had tried most of the things he suggested, except lowering the jacks. He thought there might be an interlock that the jacks needed to be extended to work the slideout controls. So I lowered the jacks. That made no difference to the slideout, slide control switch still had no effect.

Unfortunately, I've created a new problem; the jacks will now not retract. I suspect that while my prospective buyer and I were working on generator slideout problem we did (or undid) something we should not have tried. It was end of workday time and my prospective buyer had to give in as he had commitments for today 600 miles away. So I lost my best candidate buyer and now am unable to move the coach, let alone demo it on the road. He was a great guy, I think he really wanted the coach badly and worked hard to fix minor things. Hard to find people like him.

So, how can I get the jacks to retract; how can I get the slide to retract?
Just two easy, basic questions...........ah, don't I wish that was true. Any efforts at help gladly accepted.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2020, 01:07 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry to hear the latest update. Nice to know there are still good folks out there.

Seems too much of a coincidence that 3 somewhat related systems (hydraulic), are all having issues. This is not my area of expertise, but I'm sure there are many here who know the systems well.

I know the hydraulic reservoir for the power steering and engine fans is in the rear engine compartment. Is there a reservoir and pump somewhere for the slide, jacks and generator slide? If so, check fluid level, check power to the pump and so on... would be my first thought.

All the best.
Josh
Our 2001 Signature Repairs & Upgrades Thread
JJTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 02:26 PM   #17

Question Still trying to get the living room slide (only slide this coach. to close

I've now crawled underneath coach and found the pump that moves the generator slide and coach slide (my assumption since I only see one pump). The four "T" handles that are supposedly used to get fluid to flow when the solenoids work look like they've had a rough life; one of them only has the shaft left without the T used for turning. It has a small vise-grip attached to the shaft to allow rotation. I have read somewhere, probably here on the forum, that turning these handles counter-clockwise should allow the solenoids to allow hydraulic fluid to flow the right direction to allow manual push-in of the stuck-open slide.

When I turn these "T"'s, should it be all 4? If not all 4, which ones? Should a helper be operating the "Slide In" switch at the same time? Should a group of four be pushing the slide (bad idea with social distancing / Covid 19 these days)?

Another question: Opening a basement compartment door directly behind coach passenger entry door reveals two hydraulic hoses attached to what appears to be the cylinder that moves the slide in/out. If I just open these connections (and hopefully catch the hydraulic fluid) will that achieve taking the pressure off the slide and allow manual push-in?

I know these posts must be getting boring but somewhere one of you gentle readers has the answers. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-15-2020, 04:26 PM   #18

Three systems inoperative at the same time is probably something electrical ,even
though they are all hydraulic they are controlled by 12v elect .
As already mentioned if you have a basement door open the slide will not work ,
I don't think it will stop the gen slide though .
I don't suppose you can hear a pump running when you try the switches
Calling a mobile RV tech might be a good investment , some of those guys are
very good
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, electrical, monaco