RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2007, 10:28 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
My husband and I just purchased our Monaco Dynasty about 4 weeks ago. For the most part, absolutely love it. But -- we are having one extremely irritating problem with it. I checked a ton of forums out and I haven't found anyone talking about this. But I thought it could be worth one shot asking all of you.

We were on our way from Sandusky, OH to Elkhart, IN, driving down the Ohio Turnpike when suddenly a warning light came on in the dashboard. It says only "Warning". Once my husband tapped the brake to slow down and release the cruise control, the engine slowed and we could not increase speed at all.

We pulled onto the shoulder and called Monaco. We were told this was a safety feature indicating that one of our fluids was low. They suggested we let the engine cool, check the fluids, and correct the problem.

Wll, after 20 minutes of sitting, med the fluids. They were all fine. We were in a bit of a time deadline, so he turned the engine back on to see if he could find anything else going on in the dash, and much to our surprise the light was out.

We started up again without incident. Yet, about every 5 miles or so from Toledo to Elkhart, we'd get that warning light and need to pull over.

We made it to Elkhart late on Saturday and decided to wait until Monday to call service. Over the weekend, strange things started happening, though.

Our dashboard radio would come on without anyone touching it. Our keypad entry would start beeping with no one near it. And a weird beeping would come from the triptec computer.

We couldn't get n appointment with anyone on Monday and by Tuesday, everything seemed fine again and we had to leave. Now we're in Louisville, KY and it's happening all over an.

Now, I don't think this is related, but at the same time, our TV remotes have gone wacky. We can only use some of the features on each one, in spite of changing the batteries in all of them. It's really odd.

Has anyone else experienced this? None of the service people we've spoken with have a clue what could be happening or what we can do.

Oh - one other weird issue that has arisen. When the Warning light comes on, if we do NOT take it off of cruise control, we do NOT lose power. In fact, we can keep driving at full power indefinitely. If we do that for about 20 to 30 minutes and THEN step on the brake, and then the accelerator, the Warning light goes off.

Really, really strange!

d appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Thanks for your help!

Full Timers (formerly from Crown Point, IN)
2003 Monaco Dynasty Countess
GinaAndBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2007, 10:28 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
My husband and I just purchased our Monaco Dynasty about 4 weeks ago. For the most part, absolutely love it. But -- we are having one extremely irritating problem with it. I checked a ton of forums out and I haven't found anyone talking about this. But I thought it could be worth one shot asking all of you.

We were on our way from Sandusky, OH to Elkhart, IN, driving down the Ohio Turnpike when suddenly a warning light came on in the dashboard. It says only "Warning". Once my husband tapped the brake to slow down and release the cruise control, the engine slowed and we could not increase speed at all.

We pulled onto the shoulder and called Monaco. We were told this was a safety feature indicating that one of our fluids was low. They suggested we let the engine cool, check the fluids, and correct the problem.

Wll, after 20 minutes of sitting, med the fluids. They were all fine. We were in a bit of a time deadline, so he turned the engine back on to see if he could find anything else going on in the dash, and much to our surprise the light was out.

We started up again without incident. Yet, about every 5 miles or so from Toledo to Elkhart, we'd get that warning light and need to pull over.

We made it to Elkhart late on Saturday and decided to wait until Monday to call service. Over the weekend, strange things started happening, though.

Our dashboard radio would come on without anyone touching it. Our keypad entry would start beeping with no one near it. And a weird beeping would come from the triptec computer.

We couldn't get n appointment with anyone on Monday and by Tuesday, everything seemed fine again and we had to leave. Now we're in Louisville, KY and it's happening all over an.

Now, I don't think this is related, but at the same time, our TV remotes have gone wacky. We can only use some of the features on each one, in spite of changing the batteries in all of them. It's really odd.

Has anyone else experienced this? None of the service people we've spoken with have a clue what could be happening or what we can do.

Oh - one other weird issue that has arisen. When the Warning light comes on, if we do NOT take it off of cruise control, we do NOT lose power. In fact, we can keep driving at full power indefinitely. If we do that for about 20 to 30 minutes and THEN step on the brake, and then the accelerator, the Warning light goes off.

Really, really strange!

d appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Thanks for your help!

Full Timers (formerly from Crown Point, IN)
2003 Monaco Dynasty Countess
GinaAndBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:24 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Well, it IS getting near Halloween, maybe you have a ghost taking up residence under the dash or something?

Seriously, intermittent ones like that are always the toughest to track down. Yes, it does sound like a wiring-issue somewhere. Perhaps in the ignition-switch, since the dash-radio, keypad, and computer all probably feed thru it eventually. Not sure what circuit(s) feed that Warning lite.

Are you anywhere near (or going to be near) a Monaco Service facility or a Coach-Care location? Sounds like a job for the experts.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:46 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Ronboc is right, electrical gremlins are the worst...you need a Monaco Service Center and even then, the gremlins never act up when a qualified tech is lookin for them!!!
Good Luck!!
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I believe that cummings can turn off this feature. I read some where that is a none RV feature, and is for med. duty trucks.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:42 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
I agree that it's probably a Cummins issue, rather than a Monaco Issue. (You may have more than one thing going on, though.) I'd give Cummins a call about the engine anomaly.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:31 AM   #7

Hi Gina and Bill,

I hope by now you got your issue resolved. I have a 2008 Camelot 42'(ULSD fuel required)with a similar issue. I had to be towed twice to a Cummins dealer for repair. The first time they found 14 fuel error codes and ended up relacing 2 fuel filters. We got 30 miles up the road and the warning light came on along with the DPF(Diesel Particulate Filter)lights and then the coach shut down.

Monaco and Cummins are involved in this and so far don't have an answer. The coach has less than 5000 miles and we have always used ULSD fuel. We left the coach in Florida at the Cummins facility and drove our car home to NC.

Any help or ideas would be very welcomed.
Catchone
catchone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:44 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Catchone....
FIrst of all...Welcome to the iRV2 forum... I am glad you have found your way here. I feel the group of people here happen to be the friendliest and most helpful group of RVers on the web. May I also suggest you ask to become an official "Monaco Owners Forum Member"?
Usually I would be a little more silly (that is what I do )...but I understand you have a problem that should not be joked about...all I can say is I hope you get your coach back very soon...and all the issues with it are taken care of properly. Please keep us informed...
..and again... Welcome!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:43 AM   #9

I had a problem with mine. Found out the ground wire was loose. It's in the outside panel under the drivers side, the bolt needed to be tighten. Everything works great now.

leader 1 is offline   Reply With Quote