Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2020, 04:23 PM   #15
YC1

Ditto on exercising the phone plug at the inverter and at the panel. Plug and unplug them a few times.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqrv2TUdbV6xjndp...4fC5P?e=Gaf6Ne

Download these files and open them. When you open a pdf there are post it notes that will open when you mouse over or click on. There is a lot of information and some duplicate stuff. There are references to youtube videos as well.

If these files are of service I can give you access to about 6gb of files collected over the last 12 years. There are plenty of similiarities and many common components. If you like I will give you a link. Takes a few minutes to download.

Use your search function when you need to find something in them For example, I put in "Inverter" and it took me to the folder where the files I attached.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2020, 06:21 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Did you check the one fuse on the EMS circuit board to make sure it was OK?

In an emergency the EMS system can be bypassed by wiring in each of the circuit it controls directly to each breaker. I had to do this when my EMS board got fried by a lightening strike. In my case I had to upgrade the board and load meter since mine was obsolete.

Good Luck
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 09:34 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
If you decide to stay with lead acid batteries, then I would recommend Trojan T-105 6 volt batteries. Some of us have had them last up to 10 years. You'll need to keep water in them. It helps to have an automatic watering system.
If you go with AGM, then Lifeline is the best. No water or mess, but they can be pricey.
vito.a is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 11:35 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Ditto on exercising the phone plug at the inverter and at the panel. Plug and unplug them a few times.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqrv2TUdbV6xjndp...4fC5P?e=Gaf6Ne

Download these files and open them. When you open a pdf there are post it notes that will open when you mouse over or click on. There is a lot of information and some duplicate stuff. There are references to youtube videos as well.

If these files are of service I can give you access to about 6gb of files collected over the last 12 years. There are plenty of similiarities and many common components. If you like I will give you a link. Takes a few minutes to download.

Use your search function when you need to find something in them For example, I put in "Inverter" and it took me to the folder where the files I attached.
Thank you YC1,

I downloaded the files and will read through them later.

Thanks again for all your help.
Raddster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 05:07 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Vito,

You are SO RIGHT. I do have more than one issue. After all the dust settled I spoke with Chris, from M&M RV Electronics (as recommended by jacwjames on this message thread) and he was SUPER helpful. He walked me through a variety of multi-meter tests and then we discovered that someone (or the prior owner) had CUT All the lines coming from the EMS Controller and hard wired them to bypass the controller. (see photo attached) YIKES!

According to Chris, that's unsafe & I have no reason to doubt him.

Now I need to find a qualified RV electrician familiar with the Intellitec EMS system to re-wire it correctly and repair or replace what may be wrong with it. My wife and I want and need a safe electrical system in our coach.

Can anyone recommend a good place to service our coach. We're in Hemet, California and within reasonable distance within Riverside or San Bernardino counties. Even San Diego or Los Angeles counties would work if we need to travel that far to find a reputable and skilled electrician.

Thanks again for everyone who has taken the time and effort to help us. I hope someday to be able to repay or pay forward to help others.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hilton Control Board.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	319.7 KB
ID:	312253  
Raddster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 08:47 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddster View Post
Vito,

You are SO RIGHT. I do have more than one issue. After all the dust settled I spoke with Chris, from M&M RV Electronics (as recommended by jacwjames on this message thread) and he was SUPER helpful. He walked me through a variety of multi-meter tests and then we discovered that someone (or the prior owner) had CUT All the lines coming from the EMS Controller and hard wired them to bypass the controller. (see photo attached) YIKES!

According to Chris, that's unsafe & I have no reason to doubt him.

Now I need to find a qualified RV electrician familiar with the Intellitec EMS system to re-wire it correctly and repair or replace what may be wrong with it. My wife and I want and need a safe electrical system in our coach.

Can anyone recommend a good place to service our coach. We're in Hemet, California and within reasonable distance within Riverside or San Bernardino counties. Even San Diego or Los Angeles counties would work if we need to travel that far to find a reputable and skilled electrician.

Thanks again for everyone who has taken the time and effort to help us. I hope someday to be able to repay or pay forward to help others.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year

The board went bad and the po didn’t want to spend the money to replace it so just spliced the wires together. It’s not that hard of a fix you’ll need a new board,get one on e bay about half of the cost of RV dealers. Then seprate your wires the one from the circuit breaker goes to the input side the other goes to the output side,their marked on the board. It’ll be easier if you can look at one already wired but it’s not a difficult job. But it’s really not unsafe you’ve just lost your load shedding device and if you run to big of load on 30 amps you’ll pop the breaker
mccrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 09:50 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
After you got your generator reset and making power did the load meter work on the EMS system?
If the board is bypassed correctly there probably isn't a hazard but you don't have you load shedding capability. When my board failed I bypassed one of the AC units to provide cooling, this was in Dec in Florida. Got us by until I got a new board.

You should remove the board and get the model number off of it and see if you can get a replacement. Yours may be new enough and you may not have to upgrade.

I had to upgrade which required a new load meter and wiring harnesses. Not a hard install if you take your time and follow the instructions. I actually made a mistake when I installed my new board but luckily it had a safety feature that prevented damage. I took out and started over again, paying very close attention to the the wiring harnesses and markings on the board. This was ~6 years ago and still working great.

I did buy my components from M&M as they did provide good support and made sure I got all the correct components for the upgrade but if you are simply replacing boards it's a simple plug and play.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, electrical, troubleshooting