Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2015, 10:30 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Elite RV Harrisburg,OR

Just had our coach in for some needed TLC. Eric, Mark, & Marty are absolutely the best at working on these coaches. I had a laundry list of things like the toilet switch being intermittent to adjusting all the slides and replacing the slide toppers and recarpeting the entire coach. Didn't matter what it was they knew exactly how to fix it and fix it fast. They even found some maintenance items that I wasn't aware of. I learned about them right here on this forum and am so happy that I did. Drove 1,300 miles just to have them work on it because of the great reviews mentioned here on this forum. If you own a Monaco coach and need anything upgraded, repaired or replaced you can't go wrong with these guys! Randy
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2015, 01:41 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I second that. For example, they built a cabinet with a Corian top for me, over night, to install the next day at the end of my sofa. This was just one of the items on my list they did in a timely manner. Its great when someone exceeds your expectations.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 05:41 AM   #3

Ditto!
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:40 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like a good bunch of guys to know!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 04:56 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to C Duck
They are not only excellent at what they do but have a great attitude to boot. As said above, they are also speedy...they get done in an hour what most other shops take 2+ hours to accomplish.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:51 PM   #6

I emailed Marty a while ago to begin a conversation about some repair work, no reply. Back to the factory for me, I only ask once. Without your positive comments I would never gone beyond their incomplete web site. Glad you had a better experience.
bair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:42 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
You might get a better response if you call them on the phone to talk to them as they might not have time some days to look at e-mail. Sanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:01 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Bair, don't give up so easily. They are just now getting help setting up a web page and a Facebook page. We talked with them extensively about that when we were just there. Also they are going to hire someone to run the phones and such. They are realizing that they can't work on the coaches and answer phone calls at the same time. These guys are great at what they do on motor homes, but admit that they are behind the tech curve at present. They are worth the extra effort! JMO Randy
Old 06-03-2015, 07:24 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bair View Post
I emailed Marty a while ago to begin a conversation about some repair work, no reply. Back to the factory for me, I only ask once. Without your positive comments I would never gone beyond their incomplete web site. Glad you had a better experience.
I am camped about a half mile away from their shop. I will be driving back to Premier rv in Junction City for the items I need fixed.
I am glad there are people happy with Elite, maybe they learned something since I was there last year.
Don't want to be a negative nelly, read my post history. I have never said anything poor about any other shop. My experience was not like the others.
TMan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:33 PM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMan59 View Post
I am camped about a half mile away from their shop. I will be driving back to Premier rv in Junction City for the items I need fixed.
I am glad there are people happy with Elite, maybe they learned something since I was there last year.
Don't want to be a negative nelly, read my post history. I have never said anything poor about any other shop. My experience was not like the others.
Say hi to the gang at Premier, we'll be there on the way through to North Bend for the FMCA NW Regional.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:44 AM   #11

Last summer, I had Elite fix a lot of things on our 07 Camelot. It was my first experience with them, and most certainly not the last. The former Monaco service center employees (Eric, Mark, & Marty), are incredibly talented, and it was an absolute pleasure to deal with them. I have an appointment in August for some more work, but the reason for this post is to highlight another aspect of their superior customer service. A few days ago, my front roof A/C quit working. I went through all of the basic checks like circuit breaker, 12 volt power, etc. When I came to a dead end, I called Eric at Elite. He walked me through countless troubleshooting steps that were way beyond my ability, and eventually, he diagnosed the problem as a faulty circuit board that controls the EMS system. He had me disconnect a couple of wires from the service panel, wire them directly together, thus bypassing the defective circuit board. This enabled the A/C unit to once again start working in very hot weather. During this entire process, Eric was patient and truly intent on solving my problem. When one of these 3 guys is on the phone, they're not able to work on RV's, and therefore not making any money. However, this type of customer service is not what you normally find, and as far as I'm concerned, they have a customer for life! I think one of the challenges they face in the future, as more and more folks discover their talents, it's going to be keeping up with the demand for their services.
Dan C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:25 AM   #12

I just left a scheduled appointment at Elite, where the guys once again put their unique talents to work on the problematic drivers front slide of our 07 Camelot. Last year they replaced the two broken plastic rollers under the slide, with stainless steel, (no easy task) and that corrected the retraction problem.
This year, they tackled the problem of the top of the slide going under the chassis frame while fully extended. They fixed this issue, and several others to my complete satisfaction. We're going back in about a week, when they will install a vented grill on the back cap, which will alleviate the problem of hot air build up in the engine compartment. These guys do all of the routine stuff, plus, lots of things that are beyond the capability of other RV repair businesses. Not a fancy facility, but great results!
Dan C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 12:30 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Dang Dan I wish I knew you were there.
I was down at Junction City getting some body work and service done at Premier and drove by Elite and saw a nice looking, tan coach there.
That must have been yours?

Would have been great to have a cup of coffee or the like!
Old 08-22-2015, 10:20 PM   #14

We have an appt with Elite next week to see if we can get some slide issues resolved, I'll report back with the outcome. Have been sitting the past few days at Emmigrant Lake enjoying the smoky air!
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote