Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2014, 08:53 AM   #1

Endeavor 40PDQ Height

Can anyone tell me what the height of a endevour 40 pdq is when air is dumped from suspension? My building door is 12' and I am concerned it's not going to be enough.
moose guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2014, 09:26 AM   #2

I measured our '07 PDQ 4 years ago before we built our RV barn. I think the aired up measurement was 12' 6" or there about. I know aired down the bus drops about 3-4". A 12' door wouldn't work. Had to go with a 14'.
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 10:37 AM   #3

My 07 neptune is right at 13' to the top which is the satellite dome. My door on my building is 13'6". My old building only had a 13' door and to get it in it I had to hold the air dump switch down while backing in to clear. So as bvthunder said, no I don't think its gonna fit.

Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:02 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose guy View Post
Can anyone tell me what the height of a endevour 40 pdq is when air is dumped from suspension? My building door is 12' and I am concerned it's not going to be enough.
Our Diplomat is about 12' 6" at ride height and dumping the air will only lower it 3 or 4 inches. A 12 foot door opening will not provide the necessary clearance. A 12 foot garage door does not provide 12 feet of clearance and a 14 foot door has less than 14 feet of clearance. It usually takes a 14 foot door to clear a diesel motorhome, especially those built in the last ten years.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:35 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose guy View Post
My building door is 12' and I am concerned it's not going to be enough.
Nope, not going to fit. If you're very lucky, you might squeeze in under a 12'6" door with the bags dumped if the opening really is 12'6". But I wouldn't feel comfortable pulling in anything under 13'. (I'd be too worried about whether the bags were really fully deflated, and it would be a pain maneuvering while holding down the dump switch.) 14' would be ideal.
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:29 AM   #6

endevour height

Thanks for all the info. I just got it home and needed to cut an additional 18" of height to make it 13'6". it now has plenty of room.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:30 AM   #7

Moose, couple of questions if you don't mind.
1. Do you have a door on your storage bay?
2. If yes, standard overhead or some other type?
3. If not a standard overhead door, did you increase height all the way across the opening or just in the center section (where presumably your max height is due to AC, dome, etc)?
Thanks.
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #8

endeavour height

Hey Purdue. I had a conventional overhead door which I removed .Now looking at roll up type doors. I probably could have cut the center portion of door opening , and use some type of rubber flap , but this seems like a better alternative. the roll up doors seem simple and reliable.

Steve
Old 12-22-2014, 06:33 AM   #9

Do you have any info on your roll up door? Mfg, size, required clearance, etc? Thanks!
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 05:33 AM   #10

Purdue:

It's a Wayne Dalton brand , have not seen it yet , but everything I hear is good. The barn has 14' rafters , so an overhead may be a tight fit . The opening is 10' X 13'6". The head height needed is 21" for the roll on top, and the 1st rafter is 4'0 from opening , so I had that. The cost is similar to an conventional overhead.
Steve