Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2020, 10:20 PM   #1

Engine Compartment Insulation

I have a 2003 Holiday Rambler Endeavor RV which I have owned for the past two years and have done several repairs myself with the help and advice of this forum.
I now have a problem with the soundproofing material that lines the area under the floor and the access hatch area around the diesel engine.
The adhesive has failed and the soundproofing material has dropped down on the top of the engine. I have tried using a spray on contact adhesive but the weight of the soundproofing material keeps letting the material pull loose and fall down again.
I could use some good advice what to use to bond the soundproofing to the metal again and the best technique to apply it and fasten it.
roser601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2020, 10:43 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I would buy a new sheet and replace with a lot of the sound proofing it’s not the material but the anti vibration from the product being stuck to the housing that reduces noise also newer products perform better.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:11 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I had the same problem and used the some flooring threshold type strips that had predrilled holes in it. I used these around the perimeter and spaced out in other areas. Used short screws to pull the insulation back into place. This has held for ~8 years.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 07:46 AM   #4

Spray glue doesn't really work on coarse material. Some construction adhesive or brush on contact cement may work They make fasteners for foam boards if wood is under or plastic cap nails . We use glue on insulation anchors at work then a special push on washer locks to the anchor pin but I don't see both less than 40 for bags. There is a plastic version as well.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 05:30 AM   #5

Thanks for all the input. I will weigh these options and figure out a way forward.
Old 05-15-2020, 10:28 PM   #6

i used #8 screws with fender washers in the obvious places and has held up for the last 3yrs and still doing well
Reka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:13 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I want to replace the sound proofing/insulation material. Any suggestions on what to use?
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:00 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Boeing has an online surplus store:

https://www.govplanet.com/for-sale/A...rm=&pnLink=yes
Cpl Ed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine