Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2021, 07:51 PM   #435

Monaco Owners Club
I’m not sure I saw that thread 4 days ago. Was it in the Monaco section? It might have been on one of my travel days. We left on Tuesday and got to NY on Thursday. Next time I’m going to make it a 5 day trip instead of 3.

Thanks that good info on measuring for tires. I’ll have to do that and see what fits. I do like the idea of having more load capacity. Not to use it, but just so I’m not on the edge all the time. I’m always asking my wife “do we really need to take that waffle maker with us?” Haha. She doesn’t understand we can’t just take everything.

I should get some air line tubing to carry with the fittings also. I would’ve been SOL if the air line had gotten messed up as well. Luckily it was almost a clean break. I just cut both ends flush with a razor and popped the fitting on.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2021, 08:45 PM   #436

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLook View Post
I’m not sure I saw that thread 4 days ago. Was it in the Monaco section? It might have been on one of my travel days. We left on Tuesday and got to NY on Thursday. Next time I’m going to make it a 5 day trip instead of 3.

Thanks that good info on measuring for tires. I’ll have to do that and see what fits. I do like the idea of having more load capacity. Not to use it, but just so I’m not on the edge all the time. I’m always asking my wife “do we really need to take that waffle maker with us?” Haha. She doesn’t understand we can’t just take everything.

I should get some air line tubing to carry with the fittings also. I would’ve been SOL if the air line had gotten messed up as well. Luckily it was almost a clean break. I just cut both ends flush with a razor and popped the fitting on.
Here is the thread you missed, you'll like it. I mentioned you in post #4:-) https://www.irv2.com/forums/f123/hel...ml#post5730275. I too carry some 1/4 and 3/8 in air line and fittings. If my wife wanted to bring a waffle maker to make me fresh waffles, I am finding her s spot for it:-)
Mile Marker 42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 09:06 PM   #437

Monaco Owners Club
It does sound like he’s getting screwed. They didn’t follow the troubleshooting chart. I am impressed they even offered to replace just the ICV, but they should never have done that. It seems like they were just following the basic “no start” troubleshooting chart instead of working with the actual trouble code.

Working on a Cummins reminds me a lot of working on a Boeing. They give you most of the info you need to succeed as a technician. I’m not sure if it’s as easy working on a Cat engine or Detroit. I’m glad I got the Cummins
Old 04-30-2021, 09:16 PM   #438

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLook View Post
It does sound like heís getting screwed. They didnít follow the troubleshooting chart. I am impressed they even offered to replace just the ICV, but they should never have done that. It seems like they were just following the basic ďno startĒ troubleshooting chart instead of working with the actual trouble code.

Working on a Cummins reminds me a lot of working on a Boeing. They give you most of the info you need to succeed as a technician. Iím not sure if itís as easy working on a Cat engine or Detroit. Iím glad I got the Cummins
Reminds me back in around 1993 when I was still turning wrenches for a living. My girl friend's brother worked for a major airline in PA. I was living in MD at the time. He invited us up to tour the hangar as they would be working on jets. I jumped at the chance. We got there and they had just dropped the front landing gear on a 727 or 737 and it was up on jack stands so to speak. I got my head right where the landing gear came out. Everything was spread out around that area. Pretty cool. I asked when the guy would be back to install the new landing gear. He told me the 3rd shift would come in and do the install. I asked, "how will they know where everything goes if they didn't pull it out"? He calmly said, "they go by the manual". I couldn't believe it.
Old 05-01-2021, 06:27 AM   #439

Monaco Owners Club
I feel the same way sometimes. I’ll look at a plane that’s completely taken apart during a heavy check. I think there’s no way that 100 different things being worked on at the same time, by 3 shifts, by different people sometimes, could all be put back together. And that’s why we have our paperwork. Everything is documented by the tech, and then we have 100% buy back by quality control, and then we have over site of everything by quality assurance, and then the FAA oversees the whole operation.
Old 05-01-2021, 08:12 AM   #440

Sailun is actually a good tire. 7 years is where I would draw the line though. Read this entire thread. Gave me motivation to go out and start on my CAC replacement.

Suggestion... edit your first post with findings and part number. As these coaches get older the common problems seems to be lift pump, CAPS pump, cracked exhaust manifold, leaking radiator, and leaking CAC.

Glad you found the problem and got her running again.
Old 05-02-2021, 12:03 AM   #441

You can't edit posts after 1 hour - it's a quirk of this board's configuration.
Old 05-02-2021, 12:09 AM   #442

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordi View Post
You can't edit posts after 1 hour - it's a quirk of this board's configuration.
You can ask the moderator too.
Old 05-02-2021, 05:40 AM   #443

Monaco Owners Club
I didn’t know how much time you had, but I’ve definitely tried to come back and edit a typo or something later and couldn’t.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:07 AM   #444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile Marker 42 View Post
You can ask the moderator too.

If you click on the red triangle in the bottom left for Report Post, it will go directly to a moderator who can either post the change for you, or open up the post again so you can edit it. Generally the new edit window will also expire after a certain period of time, just like the original post.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 09:05 AM   #445

I was directed to this thread in a thread that I posted about my Cummins. I appreciate all the info. I was heading in the same direction as you. My issue was Cummins Quickserve wouldn't validate my serial number to the repair kit number. A trip to Cummins and going through diagrams finally came back with the same kit part number. I appreciate you posting as it saved me a ton of research that just doesn't seem to be easily available online. Even the service part of Quickserve a maze to go through. Again, thanks for the post.
Fefanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diplomat, engine