Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2014, 10:21 AM   #15
maw

This is a test, trying to attach file
Entry Door Strut.pdf looks like it worked. I take no credit for this fix. I found it, copied it, installed it on my rig and it is the best thing since sliced bread....Mike Wassing , 2004 HR Endeavor
maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2014, 03:49 PM   #16
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by maw View Post
I don't know enough to know how to link it but if you will contact me personally at mwassing at aol.com I will send you a PDF file of it and maybe you can post it on here.

Mike Wassing
2004 HR Endeavor

I sent you an e-mail. Thanks!

Never mind. The above worked!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:38 AM   #17
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Just replaced mine. The suggestion is for a 15 lb but I could not find one. the 20 lb is a bit strong. You may have to replace, or install your own foam padding around the door after replacement,. It tries to open it so any looseness will allow air noise or rattles. I am so glad I finally did this mod. Pull the door handle and let the door open gently on its own.

Quoting myself because I forgot to plug the hole where the swing arm was attached to the top of the door. Don't want rain getting in there when the door is open.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:54 AM   #18

Thks Guys, I just ordered the stuff to go with the strut mounting. Thks, Chuck
rvillini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:07 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
So glad we discovered this thread. Thanks, MAW, for posting the link to the article. We purchased one of the linkage restraints from Monaco approximately one year ago and it's already defective. We've just ordered the strut and the brackets and will give that a try. Fingers crossed it will work.
NINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:10 AM   #20
maw

[QUOTE=maw;2256842]This is a test, trying to attach file
Attachment 75775 looks like it worked. I take no credit for this fix. I found it, copied it, installed it on my rig and it is the best thing since sliced bread....Mike Wassing , 2004 HR Endeavor Just a note, the installation shows a piece of duct tape to cover the holes while he is making a metal patch to cover the holes. I cut a piece of etherbond tape and put a strip on the top of my door and another piece along the top of the door frame. I have had no problems with leaks in either spot./QUOTE]
maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 05:48 PM   #21

Entry door strut

I ordered the material to install the strut on my 2005 HR Neptune today. However when I went out to look at my entry door I noticed that it has a water deflector over the door that I think will interfere with mounting the strut bracket. That's the bracket that is mounted to the door frame on the MH. I will have to wait until the parts arrive to see if I can figure out how it can be mounted to clear the water deflector.
I would appreciate help suggestions or ideas on how to accomplish this.

Thanks Don
filadelfia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:06 PM   #22

Thks Guys. I finally got everything together and had time to install the strut system on our coach today, boy what a difference. Thks, again to all involved in this info.
Chuck
rvillini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:12 PM   #23
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by filadelfia View Post
I ordered the material to install the strut on my 2005 HR Neptune today. However when I went out to look at my entry door I noticed that it has a water deflector over the door that I think will interfere with mounting the strut bracket. That's the bracket that is mounted to the door frame on the MH. I will have to wait until the parts arrive to see if I can figure out how it can be mounted to clear the water deflector.
I would appreciate help suggestions or ideas on how to accomplish this.

Thanks Don
Don, I have one of those over my door also. Let us know what you do about it. Thanks!

Joe
Old 10-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #24
YC1

If you post a picture of the rain gutter thing maybe someone can come up with some better help. I use the 3m peel the back off stuff over places the rain or AC drips make tracks. The stuff holds great and when warmed is very flexible. Might be able to remove or trim the existing one and replace with a bit of this.

EZE-RV Gutter System10' Package - Ultra-White - Essential Products GR 05054 - RV Gutter - Camping World

This comes in Black too. I use it on the edge in front of the entrance door to reduce wind turbulence noise.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:56 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
I just installed this mod on my coach. Really works great! BUT, I have a problem that no one here seems to have had. The door is sagging towards the latch side and is hanging up. The top of the door slightly strikes the jamb. Then when it is forced (slightly) it hangs up on a screw head protruding from the edge of the door. How do I re-plumb the door? It appears that original scissors had some sort holding power. Help?
With Doberman (Bailey) & Shitzu (Cooper)
NVMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:46 PM   #26
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVMike View Post
I just installed this mod on my coach. Really works great! BUT, I have a problem that no one here seems to have had. The door is sagging towards the latch side and is hanging up. The top of the door slightly strikes the jamb. Then when it is forced (slightly) it hangs up on a screw head protruding from the edge of the door. How do I re-plumb the door? It appears that original scissors had some sort holding power. Help?

Mike, I've not had that problem, but I can't see the scissor arms doing anything other than allowing the door to open to a set point and keeping it in place! JMHO
Old 10-22-2014, 05:33 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
I agree with you. The door closed fine before the modification and after, not so well. I don't know what happened during the mod, but I need to get back a pre-mod condition. Ideas for accomplishing this?
With Doberman (Bailey) & Shitzu (Cooper)
NVMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:31 PM   #28

Are these doors adjustable at all?

Perhaps shimming it somehow will fix your problem?

Tags
door