Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2009, 07:25 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Entry Door Arm

Does anyone have a source for purchasing a replacement entry door arm for a 2007 Diplomat? The rivets are too loose to adjust and it locks in the open position. Any help would be appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2009, 09:36 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
When mine does that, I reach up and bend it. Then it works for 3-4 months, and then I bend it again. If you find a source for new ones, let us know. I will probably need a new one at some point.
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:32 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Same here, I just had a problem with mine locking open. I took a pair of vicegrips, grabbed the bar with the tooth stop and gave it a good bend upwards. Now the tooth hits the top bar and will not slide over into the locking position unless I force it. I guess that is the way it should work for now.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:38 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
DipHop.....I've taken two ballpeen hammers and placed one under the rivet and then whack the top with the other. It will tighten it a little.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:43 PM   #5
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
If Monaco parts is up and running they have/had them in stock. I had mine replaced under warranty before the ship sunk. The original was a joke but the new one works great.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:51 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the suggestions - I have done all the things recommended and have concluded that it is time to replace the arm. I must agree with BigSkyBob, the existing arm is a joke. Hopefully, Monaco parts will open soon and parts will start flowing to those of us in need of parts. Thanks again.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:01 PM   #7

I bet Lazy Days has them in stock. This is a "fit Monacos only" part.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:38 PM   #8

I could use one also. I had called Monaco parts , I bet it was lat summer or before and they wanted something like $127.00 for the arm. I felt I could live with mine a bit longer at that price. Would be interested in more infor if any one finds a new arm

Thanks
Ed
Old 06-28-2009, 09:47 PM   #9

You can't get enough leverage by pounding on it while its attached to the door. If you take it off the door, put it on a bench, take a center punch and punch all the rivets all real hard. That means the center and both ends. One end is screwed in and the other is riveted in. You have to get the rivets to put one end in. We were at a rally and I believe they are $135. Its probably good to have a spare. You can also take it off, take it to a machine shop and have them put some new big rivets in all three eyes and it would be a lot less money than buying a new one. A new one will do the same thing. I've done this to mine and three other guys at the rally last year and they work just fine. Give it a try, you'll like it. Hope this helps you.
James Wehren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:57 PM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I was in the coach today and looking at the arm when I realized something that might make the arms last a little longer. When we open our door we rarely open it far enough for the arm to go to the straight position. The weight of the door and friction keeps ours in place when the door is 3/4 or better open. We really only use the arm as a safety issue in high winds.

The reason I mention this.......ours has lasted 4 years without any real issues. I'm curious if the people that are having the most trouble with them force the door into the locked position on a regular basis. If so, maybe leaving it in the almost full open position would make these arms last a little longer.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:27 PM   #11

I used a dab of JB weld to solve the problem. Just leave it dry for a few hours and it should keep the door arm from opening to far. My bar had a spot that bent upward near the end of it and I added the JB weld there. It has been a cheap fix that has worked for the last six months.

2009 Saturn VUE XE FWD
Phrog Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:49 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
The arm of our door failed as well. We were at Lazydays back in the spring having it serviced and they had the arms in stock. There were two different sizes so be sure to measure the width and length when ordering one.
New one works great!
Turner family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #13

I don"t think mine ever worked properly.
Is it supposed to hold the door open in moderate wind?
or is it only to stop it from swing around to the front of the MH ?

thanks
Jack
Jayhawker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:10 PM   #14
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
The round indentation in the arm is the first to engage, it holds the door open but it will close with a slight pressure. The second stop places the door stop in the straight line position and to close the door you have to reach up and push the arm inward then close the door. After the door has been operated numerous times the rivets become worn which usually causes the arm to go to the locked position every time the door is opened. My arm was replaced under warranty and I've "adjusted" the new one once with two ball peens and it's back to working as designed again. The new rivet idea was a good one as well. I would never pay 130 bucks for a 10 dollar arm I don't care if it had Prevost stamped on it.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote