Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2022, 06:36 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Entry door awning no worky

My entry door awning was working fine. Closed it because of pending storm. 2 days later, tried to open it and nothing happens. No indication of anything when pressing switch or even holding it ext or ret. I've checked the fuse in left front compartment and even swapped it with another, but still nothing. Any ideas, something I missed?

TIA
Dean
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2022, 07:34 AM   #2
YC1

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqrv2TUdbV6xjkm0...yiptL?e=ct1fvB

Download this folder for future use as well as drilling down to the "awning over the door" folder.

There is a factory manual with post it notes on it. Mouse over any yellow post it like notes and they should appear if not already showing.

I chased an intermittent problem with mine 2008 SKQ for years and changed the motor out about three times. Ultimately ran new power wire from the awning down to the switch area in the arm rest area of the passenger seat.

There was too much voltage loss caused by a bad connection or a wire that had been nicked at the factory.

In any case, pop the switch panel out on the face of the arm rest and you can chase the wires for the awning there. Finding a decent ground it the real trick so I added a nut to the seat pedestal with a ring type terminal pinched in.. Now I have a good ground while working there.

Do you hear any indication of it trying to work? That is, does it clunk at all when you press the button?

Be very very careful working on the awning from a ladder. The arm is spring loaded and can knock you off the ladder if not aware of it.

Removing the awning when it is closed can be a real challenge.

After chasing so many problems with mine I pop riveted some small tabs that drop below the awning and I screwed those into the side of the rv versus trying to get at the screws that are hidden behind the awning.

There are a couple of large screws holding the awning to the side and once those are off you slide the awning towards the front of the RV to get it off the track.

I hope this helps a bit.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 08:54 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
take a look above the awning and look for where the power comes through the coach wall. I have one of these. (yours might be a 4 pin, but casing looks similar)

https://www.amazon.com/HangTon-Water.../dp/B07DJ5N73K

It's a common failure point.
windsorbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 07:12 AM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks all! I was doing research and pulled the 4 pin connector. I thought it was power to patio awning as I didn't see anything going to entry awning. Connection was barely loose but it did look a little dirty. Plugged it in a couple times and retightened it. Tried switch again. First time nothing, then bingo, it's working. Odd. Don't know if it's switch or connection. Think I'll get some dielectric grease and pull switch for loose connection.

Tags
awning, door, entry door