Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2019, 05:29 PM   #1

Entry Step Problem

Hi Folks,
I was so close! I had the steps working in all modes. I decided to go all the way and troubleshoot the indicator light next to the switch. WRONG MOVE. I accidentally shorted out the light ground wire to the step on/off switch. I believe that blew a fuse but I can not find it.

I have a 2005 Monaco LaPalma did. The step is SCS/Frigette with a SCS/Frigette RV step controller 202-3230. After exhausting many possibilities I cleaned all the grounds and everything worked. On the 4 pin connector from the chassis I had 12V on the heavy red wire at all times. 12V on the blue wire when the sep on/off switch was in the on position. 12V on the yellow wire when ignition was turned on. The door magnet switch worked properly also.

After my fumble fingered short trick I no longer have 12V on the blue wire. I also don’t have 12V on the step on/off switch. This makes me believe I have blown a fuse. My problem is that I can not find it. I have checked the fuse panel near the driver under the dash where I expected to find it. I also checked the DC fuses in the rear bath area. I also checked the fuses under the hood area.???

I have read other people’s problems and solutions on this forum until I can’t stand it anymore. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have heard tales of an in-line fuse but have not found one. Please help
Bellows is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2019, 10:41 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
My step operated off of a fuse labeled ISO for Ignition Switch Override. maybe....
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:02 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My 2004 La Palma has a fuse panel in the compartment under the passenger seat. Has relays too.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 06:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
My 2004 La Palma has a fuse panel in the compartment under the passenger seat. Has relays too.
Thank you so much. This was the key. I had forgotten about this fuse panel. We had a lot of stuff in this compartment and did not see it. I found the blown fuse and replaced it. That solved the problem I created. Put me back to zero which was better than where I was.
Old 08-24-2019, 06:56 PM   #5

Hi everyone. Finally solved the problem with all of your help and previous posts from this forum. Narrowed the problem down to the controller after fixing grounds.
I checked on prices....$200 ,plus.
That was enough to make me twist the wires one more time. That caused the relays to click and the light to flash on and off. I pulled the controller which looked like it was sealed but it was not. I opened it up and cleaned corrosion that was on the printed circuit board.Upon reinstallation everything worked. Whoo Hoo.
Thanks everyone for your help.
Old 08-24-2019, 07:16 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the update, glad to hear you got it fixed!
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem