RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2009, 08:16 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
extended warranty-6 month old coach

Given the state of Monaco we are considering an extended warranty although we realize it will not replace the manufacturer warranty that is in the air. Can members give me some guidance if this is wise and if so what companies members can recommend. Also what is the best source to purchase the product should we decide to purchase a policy. We have heard some dealers mark the product up significantly.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2009, 09:31 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bench View Post
Given the state of Monaco we are considering an extended warranty although we realize it will not replace the manufacturer warranty that is in the air. Can members give me some guidance if this is wise and if so what companies members can recommend. Also what is the best source to purchase the product should we decide to purchase a policy. We have heard some dealers mark the product up significantly.
Most will recommend that you not get an extended warranty, but I'm not among them.

I bought a 7 year, 80,000 policy with WarrantyExperts when my mh was about 10 months old and have been forced to use it twice. On both occasions, WE came through for me and I'm pleased with them.

golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:42 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to gonzo
We purchased our HR used. I took extended warranty with RV Secure. So far they paid $3600 with no complaints which is a lot more than what I paid for it. ohh I paid $50 deductible.
gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:55 PM   #4

Stay away from Warranty Experts. The BBB has taken away their approval. Bunch of dishonest people. The Warranty that Monaco dealers offers is very good. It is actually a Prozm warranty. I have never seen anything bad written about them. De Martini has the best price.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:15 PM   #5
JFC

Monaco Owners Club
Lots of folks don't like the extended warranties, but we've had good luck with them. We have Xtraride we purchased from our HR dealer. Our coach is 1.5 years old and we just used this policy for the first time. It just paid slightly over $650 to replace our rear vision monitor, no questions asked. Also, you might check with your dealer but I think the Monaco Extended Care is really a third policy warranty and not tied up with the bankrupcy.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:30 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Take a look at "The Plan" administered by Prizm Administrative Solutions. Essentially it's the same extended warranty offered by Monaco but without the Monaco logo attached. Just recently purchased it so I don't have any claims experience to share.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:32 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
Stay away from Warranty Experts. The BBB has taken away their approval. Bunch of dishonest people. The Warranty that Monaco dealers offers is very good. It is actually a Prozm warranty. I have never seen anything bad written about them. De Martini has the best price.
As I said, I recommend them.

As with any policy from anyone, be sure to read all the policy. Incidentally, my understanding about WE is that only a portion of their business has lost BBB approval, not the part that deals with RVs. As long as they take care of me, I'll continue to recommend them. As far as dishonest people, that's a pretty harsh statement that I bet they would love to see. Those that I've dealt with have been honest and above board with me.

When, and what, was your last experience with them?
Old 03-24-2009, 07:48 AM   #8

golden:

You are right that is a harsh statement. And the last time someone made that statement they sent him nasty e mails and threats. Are you saying they are only a little bit crooked? They sell some policies that are OK but the others are not?? The BBB will either approve or not. There is no half way. Like being a little bit pregnant
2009 Silverado Toad
Old 03-24-2009, 09:38 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Just found this Press Release while looking for real news on Monaco Chapter 11. Here is someone trying to build a business out of failure this is a good example American Free Enterprise system.

Indianapolis, IN, March 19, 2009 --(PR.com)-- ACC Warranty Services Group (www.ACCWS.com) has announced the launch of a specialized RV warranty program to assist the RV owners who are affected by the Chapter 11 Filing by Monaco Coach to include all Monaco Coach, Beaver Coach, Safari Coach, Holiday Rambler Motorhomes.

The ACC Warranty Services Group (www.ACCWS.com) has announced the launch of a specialized RV warranty program to assist the Monaco Coach RV owners who are affected by the Chapter 11 Filing by Monaco last week.

The ACC Warranty Services - Monaco Coach RV Warranty agreement will allow the Monaco RV customers who have lost their Monaco, Beaver, Safari, or Holiday Rambler factory warranty coverage to replace it with like coverage at a one-time up-front fixed cost to cover any repairs occuring during the contract period with a $50 Deductible.

"Mechanical breakdown protection is even more important for todays' motorhome owners due to the rising parts and labor costs and the lack of technical and parts support from the manufacturers," says Steve Burgess of ACC Warranty Services.

"ACC Warranty Services Group looks forward to assisting consumers with any difficulties experienced by the Chapter 11 filing by Monaco Coach. We remain committed to the RV industry and to serving our customers."

The ACC Warranty Services Group offers a comprehensive array of private and commercial vehicle protection products in addition to the most comprehensive RV extended protection programs in the industry. ACC also specializes in the formation of private label service contract programs for dealers and manufacturers along with producer-owned reinsurance companies.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:08 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
golden:

You are right that is a harsh statement. And the last time someone made that statement they sent him nasty e mails and threats. Are you saying they are only a little bit crooked? They sell some policies that are OK but the others are not?? The BBB will either approve or not. There is no half way. Like being a little bit pregnant
The only thing I'm saying that I know for a FACT is that they have been good with me. I try not to cast aspersions when I don't know first hand what is going on. I ask again, when was the last time you had personal experience with them?
Old 03-24-2009, 12:14 PM   #11

This is a heck of a subject....but I may have a choice with it at a reasonable price...the Route 66 or the Monaco...since Monaco is supposed to administer it and due to the 11 it goes to the insurance company..I might choose Route 66 when the time comes..just something to kick around for now.
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:41 PM   #12

MOnaco does not administrate that program. You call Prizm. The only time Monaco got involved was if you had claim problems. And the Monaco policy is identical to the one offered by Prizm. The news that ITdave offered was on another forum. Turns out they are also on the shady side. The policy does not cover anything more than what is offered by others.
2009 Silverado Toad
Old 03-24-2009, 12:52 PM   #13

http://www.thesqueakywheel.com/compl...laint40222.cfm

A google or a search on rv.net will get you a days worth of reading on WE. The last time I saw anything they were selling people policies but not remitting the money. Why take a chance when there are some better choices.

2009 Silverado Toad