Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2022, 08:55 AM   #1

Faded Monaco Logos

hello everyone, just looking for ideas on how to restore the Signature logos on the sides of my Coach, either re-chrome them somehow, or even recreate them with chrome letters (dont want flat stickers/vinyl) Has anyone done this , and would you share the info please, looking for options/ideas

Thanks

John

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	279688810_3220913281477577_2456608543249068529_n.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	231.5 KB
ID:	365880  
YukonMonaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2022, 10:12 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Several people, including myself, have looked into this. Both on IRV2 and Monacoers. It's many thousands of dollars for start up costs. Minimum orders that I've been quoted is 100 at a time.

And each coach model is different (signatures, executives, etc), and each model is treated separately as far as set up costs and minimums.

The real solution is if someone here owned a monaco product and also owned a sign shop and was willing to take on the task.

It's a long shot, but you can check out northwest RV supply and see if they have any Signature signage.

www.nwrvsupply.com
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 10:22 AM   #3

No good way to restore them. Just replace them.

Get a Decal Remover tool like this to remove them (won't damage the paint): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then any decent sign shop can cut you new ones. Be sure to document (measure) your old decals so they can create and cut one to the correct size. Also you get to pick the material they use. Lots of good UV resistant and color options now.

Here is a company already doing something similar: https://fastdecals.com/shop/other-au...-coach-decals/

They will cut it on a vinyl cutter and give it to you with a backer ready to install. Or many shops will install for you.

Alternatively you can try talking with REV Group. They may have these already cut up. They sell decals and logos on their website now also. https://revrvparts.com/decals-logos

Good luck!
gjames50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 11:40 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
That's a great source, but are those flat decals?

My logo/badge is thick, maybe 1/8"?? Definitely not a flat vinyl decal.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 11:58 AM   #5

No not that thick. Nobody but you will know the difference.

If you absolutely must have it thick have some custom Stainless ones cut out for you. It will cost you. They can be painted to match.

Here's one source for that. https://yourcustomemblem.com/home
gjames50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 01:46 PM   #6

I just got this tip somewhere, probably on this site.

I just used one of these on my Monaco Dynasty logo.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've only done one so far and I'd say it looks pretty good. It's very easy to use, with a steady hand there's no need to mask anything. Since I just did this earlier this week I can't say how long it will last but it appears to be pretty good paint.
BSWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 09:41 PM   #7

John, NW RV supply does have a Signature Series black and chrome decal. Here is the link: http://www.nwrvsupply.com/Decals_HR/BCsigser.html

I don't know if this is what you are looking for but in case it is. I just ordered 2 Holiday Rambler logo emblems earlier today.

Good luck!
Terry
Inthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 08:47 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSWS View Post
I just got this tip somewhere, probably on this site.

I just used one of these on my Monaco Dynasty logo.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've only done one so far and I'd say it looks pretty good. It's very easy to use, with a steady hand there's no need to mask anything. Since I just did this earlier this week I can't say how long it will last but it appears to be pretty good paint.
This paint gives a really nice shiny finish, may need two coats if yours are really dry/cracked. Mine have been out in Florida sun for 12 months and still looking good.

Further tip... cut the end off at a 45 degree angle with a really sharp razor so you are painting with a flat tip instead of rounded. Do the side or back first so by the time you get to the one by the door you are really good at it.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 06:01 PM   #9

I've been looking at same chrome paint markers but will probably go with silver mirror paint instead. My emblems letters are large, flat and blocky ,a transfer of liquid paint from a block will probably work better.
If you want to steady your hand and help make straight lines much easier ,use or make a drawing wand/ Mahl stick you rest your hand on. Basically dowel with soft sack or cork at the end. Check out some hand lettering vids. It should be easier with paint marker, as a paint brush gets wider as you press on it.
Checked out stainless letters made 1/16" x 3" Monaco Executive is about $460.NOS would probably be over $100 anyway, If my rig was still worth 100k plus,maybe.
Also considered stainless film cut to fit my emblems as they are flat at face. Others could have 3D printed emblems ,then scan, transfer, cut film . Get a couple extra cut for aging and oops. You could leave a border as well.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 08:05 AM   #10

Thanks for all the replies and ideas everyone , Im now looking at an ooption of taking the decals off and sending out to be chrome plated/dipped.

If only I had a CNC water cutter, Id just do them in stainless

But great ideas and suggestions !
Old 05-20-2022, 12:03 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Some guys on this forum were reproducing these a few years ago.
I just sent you a PM with their email addresses.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 02:28 PM   #12

153Stars , Do you mind sharing who you found that would do the stainless letters, company name?

Thanks

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
I've been looking at same chrome paint markers but will probably go with silver mirror paint instead. My emblems letters are large, flat and blocky ,a transfer of liquid paint from a block will probably work better.
If you want to steady your hand and help make straight lines much easier ,use or make a drawing wand/ Mahl stick you rest your hand on. Basically dowel with soft sack or cork at the end. Check out some hand lettering vids. It should be easier with paint marker, as a paint brush gets wider as you press on it.
Checked out stainless letters made 1/16" x 3" Monaco Executive is about $460.NOS would probably be over $100 anyway, If my rig was still worth 100k plus,maybe.
Also considered stainless film cut to fit my emblems as they are flat at face. Others could have 3D printed emblems ,then scan, transfer, cut film . Get a couple extra cut for aging and oops. You could leave a border as well.
Old 05-20-2022, 02:29 PM   #13

Thanks got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
Some guys on this forum were reproducing these a few years ago.
I just sent you a PM with their email addresses.
Old 05-20-2022, 06:13 PM   #14

Co to cut letters is woodland.
This search has others as well as Woodland.
https://www.google.com/search?q=stai...V9AP82aLQAQ5:0
One of the members has re-chrome business and is mentioned to re-chrome mirrors arms and bodies. He could tell you if it is possible to chrome those. Sorry I don't know member name.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco