Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Faint Beeping sound wet road ?

Has anyone solved the faint beeping sound that only apears only while driving on wet roads? I exeperianced it yesterday for the first time. I searched the forums and found a few ideas but none of them seemed conclusive. Some said bad connection at oil pressure switch but all my guages were normal during the beeping I can not really place where the beeping is coming from. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2006 Monaco Diplomat 40PDQ
ChuckNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #2

We get that on our 08 Dynasty and it is the step that causes the problem. Water gets into the step electrical and the step out light will flicker as well as the beeping.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #3

Annoying isn't it! Had the same problem and solved it with RTV on the oil pressure sending unit. It might have been on the air pressure sending unit since I sealed them also.

Haven't had a problem since then.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
May be the ATC (Automatic Traction Control) I know on my Dynasty I ocassionally get the ATC warning light and a short beep or two while on wet roads.

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
the beep is so faint I did not look at the step switch you say that will flash?

can anyone pinpoint where the fainnt beep comes from? Its not like any of the other alarms its so faint!

Old 11-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #6

Step 'out' beeping during wet weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
We get that on our 08 Dynasty and it is the step that causes the problem. Water gets into the step electrical and the step out light will flicker as well as the beeping.

Our does exactly the same thing. After driving on wet roads it will start flickering then beep. It is irritating but it seems that we are always traveling on dry roads so I haven't worried much about it.

Is there a way to fix it?

Mark
Mr.Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #7

OK BEEN THERE DONE IT AND FIXED IT! This is what I did to repair this problem which was the solution provided by Monaco Tech support.The alarm you are hearing is the secondary warning alarm.This alarm is mounted on or around the left back side of the dash guage panel. It has two wires going to it and the alarm is about 3 inches long by 2 inches. This alarm allows one to hear a warning alarm to alert the driver to look at the gauages. It can be disabled by just removing the ground wire on the alarm. When there is an electrical connection failure the alarm will go off. As more mositure is present the louder the alarm becomes. The alarm will go off only in wet weather.The are no warning lights on in the dash ,all gauges show normal operation. After doing the below all is repaired.

1) Clean the wire connections at the fuel sending unit on top of the fuel tank.
2) Clean the wires and connectors to both air tank sensors,
3) Apply silcone around the sending units case were the metal is crimped.
4) Clean the wires and connectors to the alternator.
5) Clean the wires and connectors to the jack pump.
6) Clean the wires and connectors to the over flow coolant tank.
7) If the sending unit on the over flow tank has antifreeze scale on it replace the sensor or clean if you can. Will have to unscrew the sensor from the tank. Sensor is a Ford Motor Company. Can order from Ford for less.
8) Be sure to turn off both batteries when performing this service. Do not have coach plugged into shore power. Will take about 2 hours to do.

Keep us informed after doing the repair.
Robert T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #8

Have you been able to do repairs?
Old 12-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert T View Post
Have you been able to do repairs?
Not yet Robert as you well know just as I was getting ready to tackle the beeping problem another creeped up ,one that seems more important. I now have my kitchen slide not retracting without help. I looked under slide and found that the rollers have dug into the floor of the slide. I have cut a few stainless steel plates to mount under the slide to distribute the weight and hopefully correct the problem. Then onto the beeping. The coach is a full time job it seems, but I love it!

Old 12-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #10

Sorry to hear about your slide out problem. Your idea may work but ask yourself what has caused the problem. There are some good U-Tube sites that show how to adjust the slide out and rollers.

I am sure that the beep will go away once you do what I have told you. There is also an ongoing problem with our coaches with the secondary alarm, while driving ,going off. The two sensors on the engine water temp and oil pressure.

Hope all goes well.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert T View Post
Sorry to hear about your slide out problem. Your idea may work but ask yourself what has caused the problem. There are some good U-Tube sites that show how to adjust the slide out and rollers.

I am sure that the beep will go away once you do what I have told you. There is also an ongoing problem with our coaches with the secondary alarm, while driving ,going off. The two sensors on the engine water temp and oil pressure.

Hope all goes well.
Thanks for your concern, I called Monaco and like you said there has to be a cause. They suggested and it makes sense that the arms support most of the weight and that the adjustment probably came loose . I should take the weight off the slide and adjust it 1/16 at a time till the paint line, line up. They said the rollers really don't support the weight the arms do. makes sense.