RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2015, 12:44 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Fantastic fan models

I looked around at all of the other forums wondering where to post this, but it looks like you guys are stuck with me.

Maybe you Monaco people shouldn't be so smart.

The new coach has Fantastic fans. Both are stripped and won't open the vent covers, which are trash anyway. The vent covers need to be replaced regardless, but without knowing the model number, I'm apprehensive to order vent covers. Is there anyway to tell the model number? Maybe all the vent covers are the same and it wouldn't matter?

Once I get the covers done, I can go to work on why they won't open in the first place...

castrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2015, 12:57 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by castrol View Post
I looked around at all of the other forums wondering where to post this, but it looks like you guys are stuck with me.

Maybe you Monaco people shouldn't be so smart.

The new coach has Fantastic fans. Both are stripped and won't open the vent covers, which are trash anyway. The vent covers need to be replaced regardless, but without knowing the model number, I'm apprehensive to order vent covers. Is there anyway to tell the model number? Maybe all the vent covers are the same and it wouldn't matter?

Once I get the covers done, I can go to work on why they won't open in the first place...
I know there are different models but cannot tell you where they post the model number. It seems to have more to do with the features that the fan has. (Duhh - if you can identify the number of speeds, reversible, rain sensor, thermostat it will give you the approximate model)

Added to that it seems they have changed model numbers in the last few years.

I will guess that one cover fits all. I am sitting at a RV dealer right now and looking at the different models it appears that the basics on all of them are identical.

If the lid has a motor to open it you may have to push the knob up to engage the motor. If it is straight manual it is likely stripped but I find it odd that both are stripped.

I know they are able to upgrade and provide parts for old fans. It also seems to me that they have a pretty good warranty. I seem to recall talking to a fellow who had some issues with his fan and they sent him the replacement parts free. Could be bad memory but that is what I recall.

I would call the Fantastic folks to see if they can help you. http://www.fantasticvent.com/

Old 06-19-2015, 01:49 PM   #3

My old RV had one that would periodically not go up. There was a drift pin in the lift arm that fell out on occasion.
sheepofblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:56 PM   #4

I'm with Gordon, call Fantastic Fan. I'll bet they know exactly what kind of fan was installed on your 1997 Signature. Moreover, you might be very surprised at the level of support they will offer. (I understand things have changed in the last few years with new ownership, but their support 3 years ago was beyond anything I could have imagined.) They are (or at least were) an absolutely wonderful company to deal with.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:22 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Wow. I just called them. The lids are lifetime warranty. Sending out new ones. The lift arm, which are stripped and won't open the lids are $35.

New stuff coming. How freaking Fantastic is that?
castrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by castrol View Post
Wow. I just called them. The lids are lifetime warranty. Sending out new ones. The lift arm, which are stripped and won't open the lids are $35.

New stuff coming. How freaking Fantastic is that?
I'm so glad to hear they still have their same policy on top replacement in place. They certainly earn the "Fantastic" name. What a great company to deal with.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:44 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Yup, was also just going to add that the Fantastic-Fan people are.... well.... Fantastic!
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 08:51 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Glad Mr. Castrol got his remedy. I got a different reply last time I called. The rep I spoke to said any plastic part was not under their lifetime warrantee any longer. I had to buy my replacement screens through CW. Just fyi- model numbers are always on the fan housing. You can get a small step stool and look up there to get it.

puttin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan