Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2010, 09:01 PM   #29

Made an appointment for service with Alliance Coach in Wildwood for next week. Will keep ya'll posted. From judging from what I saw today it looks like they're still servicing a lot of the Monaco line. Looking forward to my visit...
time2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2010, 08:15 PM   #30

Alliance Coach in Wildwood Fl. has my vote!!!
time2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
In Las Vegas the Las Vegas RV Doctor 702-473-5362 Former Monaco employes
mrtimmyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:31 AM   #32

Let me add my recommendation for RV Renovators in Mesa Arizona. Given their corporate name and sign I thought they were just interior type renovators for RV's but in fact they have a very competent service staff and treated us very well. Would not hesitate to use them again.

Whiskers
42 Monaco Sig
hydralift/2 motorcycles
toad-MDX
Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Thumbs up Kings Truck Repair

Recently I purchased a HR Ambassador 38PBT and decided to have the engine, generator, chassis and brakes and running gear checked out in Bradenton, FL. Tom King is an excellent mechanic with lots of Cummins experience. Very conscientious and not prone to recommend repairs just to generate revenue. If you are in need of repairs while in west central Florida, Tom King will do an excellent job for you.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:11 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Alliance Coach

Alliance Coach in Wildwood still acts as tho they are Monaco. Same exact formality, same cold customer service (except for the receptionist). I don't even think they changed the paperwork, except for the letterhead. The Motorhome industry in whole is behind the times as far as customer service is concerned. I would have thought the demise of Monaco and the problems at Wildwood, shutdown and all would have sent a clear message, but I guess they still have enough work to be satisfied. Their prices are horrible and they still think you work for them.
javpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:10 AM   #35

Thumbs up Demartini in grass valley,ca

After being at the Monaco service center in Oregon for 71/2 weeks in 9/07 for 45 items to be worked on and they did more damage than good. I went to Demartini's in Grass Valley,Ca with still 20 items to be fixed. In at 8am -done by 5pm same day!!!!!! all items fixed and made me a believer in all that had previously appaulded there work!!!!!! some time it takes awhile to get an appointment but stilll worth the wait!!!! Call and ask to talk with Kevin the service manager.

spa48
2006 Diplomat
SPA48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:02 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I've found a really great place to have body work and such done. This place builds custom coaches and they take great pride in what they do. I've actually had them redo some of the work that I had done at another shop in Indiana and the difference is like day and night. A great job at a FAIR price...www.virginia-custom-coach.com
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:48 PM   #37

Service in North Carolina

Anybody used Bill Plemmons in Rural Hall or Tom Johnson in Corcord or Marion? How about Terry Labonte in Greensboro?
Hossandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:49 PM   #38

Anybody used Bill Plemmons in Rural Hall or Tom Johnson in Corcord or Marion? How about Terry Labonte in Greensboro?
Hossandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
I have a 2004 30' Monaco Monarch. I purchased it back in Feb of this year (2010) and after my first trip of any distance, felt a lot of "float" in the rear while going over I-64 in WV. I took it to Dsuban Spring Service in the Cincinnati suburb of Springdale.

I had Tony, the owner, evaluate what could be done to improve the drivability. After a new alignment which was really needed; he recommended adding a leaf to the rear springs. I had them do that at about $800 and today I went back to have the shackle bolts tightened as they requested (they asked to have it done after 2 weeks to allow the springs to set). I took the long was back to where I live in a KY suburb in Cincinnati.

It was well worth the expense! The ride is much more stable and feels better controlled over bumps that used to cause the rear end to rebound too much. I was surprised that the ride over bumps did not deteriorate.

They really made me feel like they wanted to do the best possible improvement.

I would recommend them with NO hesitation. I'm a perfectionist; it takes a lot to impress me and sure surely did!

Steg
Old 06-13-2010, 09:10 AM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
I must agree with javpop.... I stopped at alliance to see about an estimate on warrantee work. While I was waiting for them to get back from lunch, they all but had my unit apart torn before the estimate. I applaud their ambition to get the job done, but they didn't have the part anyhow and I would have been stranded. A FEW days goes by, I get the call, my warrantee has a $200. co-pay, but they wanted an additional $375. because they said they couldn't get it done in the 1 1/2 hours allocated and needed 3 3/4 ADDITIONAL hours labor, PLUS SHIPPING....
I took my coach to another dealer and the work was completed in 2 hrs for the warrantee price of $200.
howie-2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:44 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Sacramento Truck Center

Lawrence is very responsive (Ron retired), this is a complete service shop. I have been there a number of times over the past five years. I had a ride enhancement kit from Source Engineering and trailing arms installed this past week. I trust their work.
WheelCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:22 PM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
Wink

Went to a FABULOUS service shop...installed new Source Trailing Arms.
Very thorough
Reliable
Clean
Fairly priced
Who is it?
Henry's Diesel Performance Plus
Westport, Massachusetts

He put us up for 2 nights in his yard...VERY accomodating
508 672-5436