RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2011, 07:01 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Finally Full Time

I sold my business in Key Largo Florida in 2008. I sold my House in Key Largo in 2009. Finally sold my DW's house in Ohio. Everything in storage here in Ohio. We head south in the morning for Florida. Will stick around Florida till spring then head west. I spent a year of my life as an infantryman in Vietnam with everything I owned on my back in a rucksack.
I spent the next few years after Vietnam living in a Van that I converted into a mini motor home traveling all over North America.

I look forward to seeing the world through the bus windshield and calling the road my home again!

tbfirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbfirm View Post
I look forward to seeing the world through the bus windshield and calling the road my home again!
Congratulations enjoy the ride! Thank you for your service. I was there for 2 but not an 11B20.

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:18 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome Home...and congrats on the FT move.

From Long Key SP
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:21 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Congrats on the life change! The weather down here in FL is lovely at the moment. Look us up if you get close to Markham Park in Sunrise. Nina
Old 01-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
First night out at Kentucky Horse Park Campground in Lexington Ky. Always a nice stop. Very nice roomy park. Might be a Walmart tomorrow night in Georgia, so we can stock up the coach. Listened to part of an audio book about Teddy Roosevelt today. Good day on the road.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:43 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
We sold our house 2 years ago and have been full time ever since. We are having a great time exploring our beautiful country. Good luck, it's a great way to go.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:56 AM   #7
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
Been there, done that, have the t-shirt. We lasted 1.5 years in a no-slide 32' motor home. Wife decided she wanted to be near the grand kids (after spending part of the previous summer in their front yard). So we spent the summer of 2005 in their front yard while the house in the woods was being built. We're 5 miles from the grand kids in the "north woods" not too far from Lake Superior.
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:15 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Cartersville Ga. KOA. Somewhere in my stored stuff I have a stack of 30 or 40 KOA receipts from 1973, 1975 era. Fiesta Key Florida to Butte Montana. Clovis New Mexico
to Yakima Washington. The average price was $3.50 a night.

Nice to be out of the winter (and I don't do winter well having lived in Key Largo Florida for over 30 years).
There is a Walmart, and Publix supermarket close by. There is also a Lowes. I needed some closet rod hardware. The plastic supports provided are not nearly good enough for Fulltime amount of DW's hang up clothes.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:29 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
Congratulations enjoy the ride! Thank you for your service. I was there for 2 but not an 11B20.
In 1965 we were 111. First time I heard an 11B MOS I had to ask what it was. 1st Cav, Recon 2/7, Ia Drang Valley survivor.

DICK
Acker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:39 AM   #10
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acker1 View Post
In 1965 we were 111. First time I heard an 11B MOS I had to ask what it was. 1st Cav, Recon 2/7, Ia Drang Valley survivor.
I'm not sure if it's the same today but an 11B is a US Army Infantry MOS. I was off the razor backs on the Saigon River over looking Nui Ba Den (Black Virgin Mountain) in Tay Ninh. Our little 2 click long by 1 click FSB was called Dau Tieng. The airfield here was originally built by the French for the Michelin rubber plantation. The 1st CAV did fly out of here "Crossed Swords" not exactly sure of the unit designation. We also had "Snoopy" call sign LOHs (OH6) who supported 1CAV. Our resident Infantry unit was the 1/27 25ID "Wolfhounds" and we had the entire 222 Mechanized Infantry Bn on M113s. I saw a 113 one time that wound up looking like a big aluminum slag puddle. Of course an AH1G took it out when the VC/NVA got in the wire captured the vehicle and turned the .50 around. Tet wasn't my favorite time of the year.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:43 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Roger on the 11B. I was actually 11 B 1 U. The 1 U was an additional 3 weeks training, learning to drive M113's. Never used the skill again in the service although we caught a ride on some 113's once. Had over 50 Combat Assaults in Huey's. 1/506th, 101st Airborne up north. Rear area was Camp Evans.
also 2/5th 1st Cav. west of Ben Hoa and into the parrots beak and Cambodia.

We are settled into Cypress RV Park in Winter Haven for a week or so. There is an RV show in Winter Haven this weekend. Will check it out.