Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2008, 05:15 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Well after a long wait, and numerous hurdles I am finally taking delivery of my 2008 Signature. I'm sitting here in South Carolina at the dealership going thru the PDI this week. It was sad saying good bye to our "Pickle" (2007 Dynasty) but the "Castle" is really nice. Martha has been setting things up and giving it that homey feeling.

I didn't realize how much bigger the Signature is then the Dynasty, that extra 3 feet really makes a difference inside the coach. The slides are deeper which translates into bigger rooms.

I'm hoping to really put the Sig to the test this year and see how much of America Martha and I can see this summer.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2008, 05:15 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Well after a long wait, and numerous hurdles I am finally taking delivery of my 2008 Signature. I'm sitting here in South Carolina at the dealership going thru the PDI this week. It was sad saying good bye to our "Pickle" (2007 Dynasty) but the "Castle" is really nice. Martha has been setting things up and giving it that homey feeling.

I didn't realize how much bigger the Signature is then the Dynasty, that extra 3 feet really makes a difference inside the coach. The slides are deeper which translates into bigger rooms.

I'm hoping to really put the Sig to the test this year and see how much of America Martha and I can see this summer.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:24 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm hoping to really put the Sig to the test this year and see how much of America Martha and I can see this summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>BRAT!! just kidding...I am very happy for you and Martha! Tryed calling you two on Sunday...sounds like you got a late start!
Enjoy...have a safe drive home..and I may catch up with the two of you tomorrow on my drive to the other home!

Congrats, you two!!

Mama

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:56 AM   #4

Congratulations! I hope your shake-down cruise goes smoothly. Enjoy the new ride!
Les Stallings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:41 AM   #5

Congratulations on picking up the Signature. I wish you and Martha plenty happy and safe miles this summer and in the years to come.
I am wondering why you referred to your 2007 Dynasty as the "pickle"?

Whippetmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:03 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
WOW!!! A Dynasty to a Signature?! An '07 to an '08?! Life is GOOOOOD for you folks. Congratulations!
Hmmm....let's see, my wife likes green and I like pickles. Where is this trade-in anyway? Is all of the bugs out of it yet?
Have fun on the shakedown.
AKBrick
Old 03-26-2008, 05:35 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Congratulations

2008 Monaco Cayman 38PBD
Up N Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:03 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Whippetmom:
Congratulations on picking up the Signature. I wish you and Martha plenty happy and safe miles this summer and in the years to come.
I am wondering why you referred to your 2007 Dynasty as the "pickle"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> The pickle comes from the green paint on the Dynasty!

AKBrick<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hmmm....let's see, my wife likes green and I like pickles. Where is this trade-in anyway? Is all of the bugs out of it yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It is in So. Carolina...any dog shows in that area? I believe all the bugs are completely gone from the rig...I am not going to say CB is anal...but...

Old 03-26-2008, 07:50 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
cb....Congrats on your new coach. We looked at the Sig on the Monaco tour last week, beautiful rigs.
nutensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:35 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AKBrick:
WOW!!! A Dynasty to a Signature?! An '07 to an '08?! Life is GOOOOOD for you folks. Congratulations!
Hmmm....let's see, my wife likes green and I like pickles. Where is this trade-in anyway? Is all of the bugs out of it yet?
Have fun on the shakedown.
AKBrick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The "Pickle" is at Carolina RV, and yes this coach is bug free. The only real problem I had with the coach was the swirl marks in the paint, and Monaco took care of that. The paint on the Dynasty is as slick as a baby's behind, not one swirl, orange peel, or bad place in the whole coach. Monaco put 225 man hours into fixing that coach's paint.

James is going to make someone very happy on the deal for the Pickle, and I only hope that whoever buys her takes good care of her. She's a great coach. Just to let everyone know that I took the manufactories recommended service times and divided it in half. So I changed the oil and filters at 7500 miles instead of 15K, and I went ahead and changed all the filters except the air filter at the oil changes (fuel, hyd, etc)

If anyone wants to see pictures or the MSRP I've got pictures here somewhere, just shoot me your email address and I'll forward them to you.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:45 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Whippetmom:
I am wondering why you referred to your 2007 Dynasty as the "pickle"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because of the green in the coach, Martha wanted t call it Lilly Pad, but I convinced her that Pickle was better..

The actual color is called "Bayan Leaf", and it's a color that will really grow on you. As far as I know, they only did this color the one year (2007). It was kind of nice going to rallies and having the only coach that color...made it easier to find in the crowd.. ....The new Signature is "Windermere"
Old 03-27-2008, 01:48 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
CB....
I remember specifically asking you already for the pickles pics....hmmmm ...

Mm

Old 03-27-2008, 01:52 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mama, I sent them to you at your email address the day you asked... I'll try again.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:14 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mama, I just sent pictures to you again...let me know if they don't come thru.