Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2017, 06:34 AM   #57

Glad to hear you are ok, Steve. Based on one of your posts a while back, I put two more extinguishers in the kitchen and bedroom when we bought the coach last June. We had some work done at Alliance last month and were impressed with their work. That place is "YUGE!" The service writer told me that they keep house refrigerators in stock for converting from Norcold. BTW the parts department is well stocked and very helpful.
Grace & Carl. Full time 5/31/16. Past-1980-ish 24 ft class A. 2003 Monaco Dynasty 40 Chancellor, 2010 Mini Cooper S, both CRASHED on 11/19 Now - 2006 Monaco Dynasty Platinum IV, 2011 Mini Cooper S CRASHED November 11/21 deer strike. 2016 GMC Acadia.
Pepperell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2017, 08:31 AM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
Glad it all worked out Steve. A little off subject, but is Mac the Fire Guy still in business, I can't find any web presence of him anywhere and wanted to buy a couple of extinguishers from him.

Dennis
DennisZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 08:37 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisZ View Post
Glad it all worked out Steve. A little off subject, but is Mac the Fire Guy still in business, I can't find any web presence of him anywhere and wanted to buy a couple of extinguishers from him.

Dennis

He is still around but I saw a post recently saying that he was having problems with his web site. Keep checking.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 08:54 AM   #60

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I too agree that wire nuts, Epically when connecting stranded wire to solid wire are often a problem.. I've had to re-do a few of those,, I tend to break out the big solder gun and do 'em right. But then I'm an Electronics type and we use Big (And small) solder guns and irons... .

ALso in a A/C you have vibration issues, if the wires are not properly protected insulation can bet cut through fairly easily and.. Well. Nuff said, wire nuts if not anchored properly can come off, and so on.

Page 2:
Friend of mine in Greater Detroit just had a house fire.. So now he's relying on the kindness of friends for lodging.. This time he was home and got it put out before major damage happened.

Last time he was at a Science Fiction Convention along with his landlady, and when she went home to feed the fur kids she found the Fire Department making a house call.. He, and one of the fur kids, lodged with me till the house was rebuilt.

HIS 2nd House fire:

With small fires: Best place to be is where you can extinguish them

With large fires: Best place to be is... Elsewhere.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:23 AM   #61

All good ideas

I would add more smoke detectors also

I installed the latest detectors (3)
Front
Mid
Rear
Wschep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 06:06 AM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
Here is the web site for Mac the Fire Guy:

HOME

I was just on it a minute ago and works now. Good info....

Dave
Old 02-13-2017, 09:48 AM   #63

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the thread, Steve.

I buy a new pair of extinguishers every few years but, for some unknown reason, I've always left them in the box beside the driver's seat. I guess I thought I could always get to them and maybe one might not be enough.

Well, in light of your story, I now have one mounted right beside my side of the bed so there are no wasted steps when the wife yells "FIRE". My concern now is only dreaming "FIRE" and grabbin' & shootin' before being fully awake. LOL
blang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 07:04 AM   #64

Monaco Owners Club
Glad you guys are OK.

Tags
fire