Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2020, 07:44 AM   #1

Firestone IntelliRide

2005 Monaco Windsor 40 PST
My Firestone level system will not level. Following instructions to lower to lowest level, then push the level switch, and nothing, nada, happens. It does lower and will raise to the ride level, but not to the highest level.
My question is, where is the sensor for leveling located on the coach? I would like to start there and work my way back to the control switches.
Appreciate any words of wisdom.
vidref is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2020, 06:42 PM   #2

I have the same coach and can tell you the cpu is located in the space under the panel to left of the driver seat. Take the front cover off and you might be able to check connections to it and solve the problem. There are sensors at each 4 corner controller, and a box on the ceiling of one of the cargo bays, which goes to the those controllers. You might call Firestone Intelliride for additional info.
echo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 07:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo3 View Post
I have the same coach and can tell you the cpu is located in the space under the panel to left of the driver seat. Take the front cover off and you might be able to check connections to it and solve the problem. There are sensors at each 4 corner controller, and a box on the ceiling of one of the cargo bays, which goes to the those controllers. You might call Firestone Intelliride for additional info.

Yeah...The first thing I did was pull the CPU out and check connections. All appeared good. Will look for the box in the cargo bays. I’ve been all over the four corners at one time or another for other purposes, but not knowing what the sensors look like I haven’t seen anything that jumped out at me. I will call whoever it is that has acquired IntelliRide from Firestone tomorrow.
Thanks for the reply and help.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:17 PM   #4

If you’ve ever had a coach before that allowed you to adjust your ride height, you know those levelers. On this coach you can’t do that manually, since it’s controlled electronically with a program through the CPU. My point is there should be connectors on those levelers too. But, I doubt that would cause the leveling button to not activate.
FYI, the coach must have the air brake controller activated for the button to work. I say that not knowing how long you have owned the coach. That happened to me many years ago, when I lowered the coach and pressed the button with no activation. Once the switch was pulled up, it worked!
Old 09-27-2020, 07:59 PM   #5

I’ve owned this coach for almost seven years. About the time I think I’ve got her figured out, something like this crops up. It’s a learning curve that has increased for seven years! I’m parked in a RV Park for a month, so I will crawl around (kinda low ceiling being stuck in the lowest position) and see what I can find. Hopefully will learn something from IntelliRide.
Again, thanks.
Old 09-27-2020, 09:05 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
http://www.irv2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172147

Has the contact info the the Firestone system, the last time I had to contact them.

The parking brake electrical switch is known to go bad over time. Tjis happened to me. The electrical part of the parking brake must be on for the lever to work. If the switch is bad or starting to go bad the leveler will not work and the generator slide will not work and the parking brake light on the dash may not light up. I replaced the electrical part of the parking brake and it fixed all three problems. Just my experience.
cpr_vbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:04 AM   #7

cpr_vbg -
May be on to something here. Generator slide won’t work either. Can you share a little more information on “electrical part”?
Part number? Where to purchase? Etc.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:12 AM   #8

OK. With a little research ( amazing, isn’t it) I think it’s the Nason parking break switch. Will have to pull whole panel up to get to it and get the part number. Think I’ll wait to get home so if or when I tear something else up, I’ve got a better chance of fixing.
Thanks to everyone. Appreciate the help.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidref View Post
OK. With a little research ( amazing, isn’t it) I think it’s the Nason parking break switch. Will have to pull whole panel up to get to it and get the part number. Think I’ll wait to get home so if or when I tear something else up, I’ve got a better chance of fixing.
Glad to know that. I knew the leveling button was tied and the brake switch does fail. Post the outcome.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:49 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
You shouldn't have to pull the entire panel. The screws on top hold the valve in place. There was sufficient hose length for me to pull the switch out thru the access hole.
I replaced the valve while I was at it since it would leak a little every once and a while.
Hardest part was getting the right replacement parts since part numbers change.
I got the switch from Veurinks RV. Found it online. Got the value from the local big rig tractor trailer parts house.
Attached a couple of pics of the parts.
Also, don't know if you want to try this but the Intelliride system is expecting a ground signal from the switch the Pin 4 tan wire of the connector to the ECU. I ground that wire and it leveled the unit.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200930_091535.jpeg
Views:	56
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	302866Click image for larger version

Name:	20200930_091309.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	302867Click image for larger version

Name:	20200930_091213.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	302868
Old 10-01-2020, 05:42 AM   #11

Thanks for the pics.
I couldn’t just sit still got a month, so I tackled the project before I saw your post with pictures. After finding out Nason doesn’t supply their dealers with the switches, but rather manufactures the switches as they are ordered, I realized I needed to get it ordered. So, I pulled the whole control panel and found the part number. I don’t think there’s enough slack in air hoses and wires to pull up through the switch handle access hole. I’m currently in Spartanburg, SC and found a dealer in Greenville just down the road. They have ordered the switch - three to four weeks and $42. I’ll let you know how the installation goes.
Again, thanks for your help.
Old 10-01-2020, 06:55 AM   #12

cpr_vpg:
One more question...
Did you dump all the air when you replaced the Nason switch?
Old 10-01-2020, 11:25 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
YES! Pumped the brakes until down to zero on the gauge.
Quote:
cpr_vpg:
One more question...
Did you dump all the air when you replaced the Nason switch?
Old 10-07-2020, 01:47 PM   #14

Got the new Nason switch in this morning.
R & R new switch.
JOY!
As I told Sweet Thing, it wouldn’t have happened without your help...All of you. cpr-vpg got me started and answered questions. Bob Nodine has step by step instructions on removing and replacing the switch. As well as a white paper on the switch that flew way above my head.
Thank you one and all!

Tags
fire