Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2008, 12:28 AM   #1

well i finally got to take my- new to me motor home out,loaded it up with fresh water and grocerys and away i went, i pulled in at a freinds where i was staying on the river and set up,well he had well problems which was no big thing just fix it so we settled in for the night, i flushed out the system turned on the water heater and forgot to put the drain plug in the water heater, so i'm sure every one knows wht happened then- there goes my fresh water all over the ground before i new what was going on
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2008, 12:28 AM   #2

well i finally got to take my- new to me motor home out,loaded it up with fresh water and grocerys and away i went, i pulled in at a freinds where i was staying on the river and set up,well he had well problems which was no big thing just fix it so we settled in for the night, i flushed out the system turned on the water heater and forgot to put the drain plug in the water heater, so i'm sure every one knows wht happened then- there goes my fresh water all over the ground before i new what was going on
Old 04-01-2008, 12:29 AM   #3

to be continued
Old 04-01-2008, 02:31 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Hi Clint,

Reminds me of our first weekend out in the Dip. I did flush the tank but did not re-fill with fresh water because I was going to a camp ground for the weekend and figured I'd do it there before I left. Campground's pump broke and I had no water. So it was off to Wall Mart to buy bottled water for the tank. I felt really dumb. Lesson learned.

Congratulations on the new Endeavor. Hope there are many happy miles ahead for you and it.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:01 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Hi clint,
Hey, if that's the worst that it gets, your doing just fine. Now I guess you won't let that happen again since the plugs' now in the hot water tank!

Fun times are ahead for you.

AKBrick
Old 04-01-2008, 05:41 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I sometimes believe the only reason some of us own MH's (or boats), is for the really great stories we will have to tell.

Many more to come, ... enjoy.

2008 HR Endeavor (DIP) PDQ
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:18 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Our first time out I forgot to take the screw on/off cap off of the SaniCon. When I turned it on the hose did all kind of gyrations and puffed up. Turned off the pump and, well you kinda got an idea of the rest of the saga. Never forgot again.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #8

thanks all! and iwill not forget it again, now for the next lesson