RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2014, 07:22 PM   #1

Flexible kitchen drain pipe fix

Seems I remember seeing an article on irv2 about a fix for the flexible drain hose on the kitchen drain. I have a flexible hose hooked up now, but would like to know what others have done.

I have a 2001 Executive.

Also, had a rv repair guy check the Insta-hot faucet. He said it was shot. While under the sink, I checked to see if there was any power to the outlet . There was not. Where would the breaker be for the outlet which is located under the sink?

John

rdstr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2014, 07:31 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi John, here are some for you to look through while waiting for answers to your question, maybe the first one(video) is the one you were thinking of https://www.google.com/search?q=Flex...=10&gws_rd=ssl

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/flex...ix-226348.html

Old 11-12-2014, 06:46 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
John the forum Monacoers has a write up and fix with pictures in their file section.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 05:09 AM   #4

Monacoers Forum

How do you get on the Monacoers forum? I googled it but it wouldn't come up.

John
rdstr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 06:11 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Try Monacoers group on Yahoo, you will have to apply for membership also use your real name, be sure to read the requirements. This group also has a parts list for Monaco coaches

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Monacoers/info
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:10 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just a thought. Kitchen drain pipe is normally 1.5 inch.

Years ago my parents scrapped the laundry and got new stuff, Washer, Dryer and a suds/saver sink thing.. Well on the sink thing the drain pipe did not line up with the existing pipe from the old one so these being 1 1/4 inch and that being a common size of radiator hose and having a section of that size in the garage (flexible of course). Lasted many years it did.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:31 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I seem to recall seeing something about checking out the hot tub section. Some of the lines on there seem to be the same material as the original flexible drain line. Hope this may help, Happy Trails Bert
Old 11-17-2014, 01:09 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Here is a parts list with picture of my Kitchen Slide out plumbing, I do not know if it will match yours.

My kitchen is mounted on the passenger side. This is the cabinet that is at the end where the plumbing comes in and goes out.

I then have an angled cabinet with shelves and then the sink cabinet. The angled cabinet has a false back on it that hides the pvc drain and water lines.

Based on this it will be a bear to get to without taking part of the cabinet apart.

Good Luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1 Kitchen slideout plumbing.pdf (99.9 KB, 186 views)
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:36 PM   #9

A bit of an older post, but going through this myself. I recognized the factory drain hose, but just couldn't place it. Being a former pool owner, it finally dawned on me, it's a damn pool hose. For my application, I'm able to use this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o02_s00

Now, the ends on the pool hose was not the same diameter of the pool hose for our slideout drain (hose diameter the same, but not the fitting). No problem. Two of these, a little heat so the ends fit over the bards, and that's that.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o04_s01

I recommend you NOT try and build your own. The problem is nothing, and I mean nothing, really glues these types of hoses. You can buy bulk length hose and hose fittings (the reverse thread into the fittings), but they will eventually leak, regardless of how much pricey plastic-specific glue you use (whereas the pre-fabbed hoses with ends are heated welded together).
Old 10-28-2015, 05:29 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Short story: Years ago, growing up on the farm, We had a washer, Dryer and "Suds Saver" tub.. Well, Mother (and dad) Bought new ones.. Alas the drain pipes (1 1/4") did not line up... So we needed a flexable tailpiece to make it work... I went out to garage and got an old Radiator hose that was both the right size and used (Do not recall what it came off of of why it was there) Lasted over 10 years. When they bought a new farm and had a house built.. It came with them to the new house.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:22 PM   #11

I used Scotch 130C high voltage electrical tape to seal the leaks in the flexible drains on our coach. This is a linerless self vulcanizing tape. Works great on a drain line.
OB-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:42 AM   #12

The OP also asked about the electrical outlet for the Insta-Hot.
I also posted this question a while back because there was no power to the outlet and no breaker could be found.

Well, I guess I should read my manual now and then.

There is a switch for the Insta-Hot "hiding" conveniently just above the arm of the sofa on the side of the kitchen cabinet. On our coach there is a telephone plug there as well.

The coach designers must have had a good laugh when they put the switch so far away from the Insta-Hot to see how long it would take us to find it.

I assume it is a low voltage switch which operates a relay to supply AC from another nearby outlet to the Insta-Hot but I'm not sure.
I assume it is done for safety purposes.
Iver.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:05 PM   #13

Just checked out that Insta-Hot switch.
It seems that it is a 120v switch.
Iver.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:34 AM   #14

Our flexible drain line cracked. I have to say that was about the darndest place to get into in our coach. I used the clear-ish flexible plastic hose that has a wire wound into it. That stuff if tough. I had access to it at my last work place as we used it for oil transport. It has worked great so far.