RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2019, 08:12 PM   #1

Floating dinette table mod

Hi fellow RVers. We are new owners of a 2007 Holiday Rambler Endeavor SKQ. (sister to the Monaco Diplomat) The SKQ model has the front dinette table (driver side) fridge and kitchen (pass side), center sofas on either side, TV in middle of the coach. We love the motorhome layout. However, we are joining the canadian snowbird "world" next year and I am getting ready for an extended stay in the coach. I/we find the floating-fixed dinette table to be a bit of a pain in the hips while in "travel mode" and I would love to drop it (like a leaf drop) or remove it while travelling. My husband is making me an island and I need somewhere to put it "when the slides are in". The dinette spot would be great. Has anyone removed the dinette table in the SKQ?

Sheltielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2019, 08:41 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheltielove View Post
Hi fellow RVers. We are new owners of a 2007 Holiday Rambler Endeavor SKQ. (sister to the Monaco Diplomat) The SKQ model has the front dinette table (driver side) fridge and kitchen (pass side), center sofas on either side, TV in middle of the coach. We love the motorhome layout. However, we are joining the canadian snowbird "world" next year and I am getting ready for an extended stay in the coach. I/we find the floating-fixed dinette table to be a bit of a pain in the hips while in "travel mode" and I would love to drop it (like a leaf drop) or remove it while travelling. My husband is making me an island and I need somewhere to put it "when the slides are in". The dinette spot would be great. Has anyone removed the dinette table in the SKQ?
Welcome to iRV2. Where are you in Canada?

Don't have a good answer for you, but if you are on the west side of the country there is a very good RV cabinet place in Oregon.

BTW, a good tip is to put your coach details in your signature so you don't have to add them every time you ask a question.

distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:57 PM   #3

Here is what we did with our dinette. First I removed it and put in a credenza with a piano hinge to mount the table top.
Placed a hinged leg to swing out to support the table top.
Added a couple of reclining office chairs and viola lots of room, when folded
down and a very stable table with comfy chairs when set up...
The top of the credenze lifts up to access a 4 ft x 12 inch by 13 inch deep storage area. A 2 ft long x 12 inch wide by 13 inch deep drawer was added to each end of the credenza.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0720171337-00.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	203.8 KB
ID:	261407   Click image for larger version

Name:	0720171338-00.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	257.3 KB
ID:	261408  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190503_170226.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	240.5 KB
ID:	261409  
1stimerveer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 09:41 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new HR! Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 04:30 PM   #5
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Hi, Welcome.

We have a 2008 SKQ and the table is kind of a pain when the slides are in. Not difficult, just need to slide a bit sideways.

I thought of a drop down but Nothing seems to come to mind

I suspect you have limited work space on the counter.

Removing our small couch in the passenger side left a lot of room for modifications.
A small dishwasher is installed along with cabinets on each side. This gives us all that space now for prep etc.

Using induction plate/cookers the stove is left covered thus giving a huge area for prep. The cookers can be placed anywhere those counter tops.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote