RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2011, 05:26 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
I received in the mail from Monaco a campaign notice to replace the shifter or install a harness to enable the secondary shift schedule. Has any other Vesta owners received this notice? It says the transmission may not shift manually as expected and the economy mode may not be enabled.
orpco is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2011, 05:52 PM   #16

We got the notice yesterday, so we will just add it to the list of concerns when we take the MH to the dealer on tues. I'm hoping that this change helps because the tranny doesn't always hold the gear selected.
VestaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeaa
Monaco has a long history of this sort of design problems. The best solution is to keep ragging on Monaco until they help you with the problem. A letter to the new President should get the ball rolling. I am sure that Navistar does not want the same reputation that the old Monaco had with its customers. Let us know on the forum how Monaco responds.
I heard from Monaco today with their decision to split the $400 cost with me. I'm very satisfied with this decision as I initiated the process without prior approval from them. I remain hopeful that they assist other Vesta owners with this issue and correct it going forward. I just completed a trip to San Diego and the fresh air was wonderful... No AC necessary !!
Old 12-14-2011, 12:07 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Glad you were able to get some remuneration VestaDave. I believe Navistar Monaco is doing the BEST they can to make their customers happy with their purchase.
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:23 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
I have a quick question for the Vesta owners. What air pressure do you find your Vesta rides and handles the best. I know ideally you do a 4 way weigh to determine, but generally what air pressure are you running on fronts and rears. When i picked mine up it had about 70 in front and 80 in rear. That seemed soft for even an empty vehicle. Thanks for your reply.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:49 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
We normally keep the pressure @100psi. I just had the Vesta serviced, another Monaco recall!!, and had the pressure increased to 110. Since it will be sitting idle for a while it will be down to 100 in a few months.
rg neumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:34 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpco
I have a quick question for the Vesta owners. What air pressure do you find your Vesta rides and handles the best. I know ideally you do a 4 way weigh to determine, but generally what air pressure are you running on fronts and rears. When i picked mine up it had about 70 in front and 80 in rear. That seemed soft for even an empty vehicle. Thanks for your reply.
That seems a little low. Our runs between 110 to 120. It feels good out on the road at this pressure.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
RGN, can you tell me where the inverter circuit break is? I have thrown it i think but can't find a circuit breaker thrown. Thanks
Old 01-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
You might check for a thrown GFI switch, usually in the bathroom. In a Diplomat, that controls all of the 110V in the kitchen and bathroom and various wall plugs.

Luke
Currently at the Quail Run RV Park in Quartzsite
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:45 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
The inverter circuit breaker is in the first outside compartment on the driver side. There is a little tab which sticks out from the inverter. When ours tripped the microwave, tv's and stereo system shut down. Unit was replaced with a 20 amp, no problem now.
rg neumann is offline   Reply With Quote