Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2017, 06:59 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Fresh Water Tank Overflow

I have had TT, Class A & C, Popups and always been able to solve these little problems. The manual for my 03 Neptune 36PBD-2SL has many errors and most can be solved with very little logic.

For example it says there is a gravity fill, does not exist, yet a small pond pump now lets me pull bleach water or winterize solution to the system when needed.

What I cannot find and was going to wait for the Maintenance Session in Elkhart is the fresh water tank overflow line.

On my Class C the overflow did not have the capacity to flow as fast as you cold fill the tank and I expanded the tank until it damaged a dinette seat. I don't want this to happen. My TT had two overflows that would siphon the FW tank and I installed shutoffs for both that would be opened when filling and closed after to stop the siphon.

I currently fill the tank until the gauge reads full and then feel the FW hose until flow is not detected by touch on the hose.

Now I'm looking for the expert who knows where, or if, the overflow is for this unit.

Ex-engineers hate to have something like this stump us.
noeldale is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2017, 07:09 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I already see the three drains, FW Tank, hot and cold low points. These are not the ones I'm looking for.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:11 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
All Monaco's are different so take this with a grain of salt. My coach has drains for the AC condensation. The lines run from the AC units down through the wall and exit just in front of the curb side rear wheel. The overflow drain for the fresh water tank exits next to those two condensate drains. I actually overflowed the tank this week while sanitizing and refilling and it will allow the water drain pretty quickly. I was standing by the coach when it started overflowing, but the water didn't run long after I turned off the spigot.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:16 PM   #4

Hi Noeldale; The info that Barmcd has given runs true for most Monaco coaches. My 2000 and 2001 Windsor's has the fresh water tank overflow discharge located in front of the curb side dual, behind the wheel well cover. With Monaco, the overflow seem to be located on the opposite side of the tank from the fresh water fill. My brother in law had a 2003 H.R. Neptune and I think the overflow was in the same place as my Windsor's, going by memory. Happy hunting.
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:51 PM   #5

My 05 Neptune has an overflow on the fresh water tank you can't miss it once the tank is full and it and water begins to discharge. The fresh water tank holds a lot of water after the level indicator shows full. What I do is slow the flow of water into the tank after it shows full and let it run until the tank overflows this way I know the tank is full and there is no risk of over pressuring the tank.
Don 2005 HR Neptune 2006 Jeep Liberty 4x4 toad
filadelfia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 04:23 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks guys, Just got home and will try it in an hour or so. I'll look for the overflow tube as I never expected it to be that far from the wet bay.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:02 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Don't know how it is piped but I know each of these coaches are different.

+ When draining the FW tank it comes out of a particular hose right under the wet bay. I see the valve and it will produce draining water.
+ When filling, after the full indicator is lit on the panel, eventually there will be water coming out of the same tube right under the wet bay.

This tells me that after the drain valve from the FW tank there must be a tee that joins the overflow line to the drain tube. That way they will both come out of the same tube.

I'm going to search for the tee later and see if I can then sketch the flow from this particular tank. I can see the black and gray tanks and all of their lines so they are not a problem.

Thanks for the tips.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:24 AM   #8

My 99 Windsor overflows just forward of the street side duels. If its new to you why don't you lift the curb side cover and look at the tank plumbing. I found that mine siphoned out about 25 % of the tank when i shut down the fill. I added a small vacuum break to the top of the tank and now it fills all the way. Opening it up will also give you the opportunity to measure your tanks to calculate the true size of each of your tanks. Not one of mine matched the capacity that is in the Monaco manual.
johnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 01:58 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Our 2002 Dynasty has the overflow right in front of the dually's on the curb side as well.. Weird thing is, when I bypass too much into the FW tank, not only does it overflow, but it starts to fill up the Splendide W/D. We learned that the hard way after we left the door open & flooded the bedroom.. oops
leemanpa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water