Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2019, 12:38 AM   #1

Fresh water tank sensor

Is there anybody familiar with the changing of the sensor in a 100 gal fresh water tank on a 2004 Monaco Camelot? Like access to the tank and removing the faulty sensor. It’s the only one that doesn’t register on the Aladdin system. I don’t even know if I can buy a new replacement since the Aladdin doesn’t exist anymore.
DaveBunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2019, 04:24 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Dave, I have a 2005 Beaver (Monaco) so my setup is probably the same as yours. On mine, the sensor is located at the bottom, on the side, of the water tank. It screws in. There is a telephone-line cable that plugs into the head of the sensor. In my case, the tank is next to a storage compartment and i had to remove the plywood divider separating the compartments (it was only four screws on each end). The sensor screws out with a 1" wrench or socket.

To be sure it is not a problem with the Aladdin Tank Interface Module, you can try plugging one of the other tank sensor (i,e grey tank) cables into the port for the water tank sensor to see if the Aladdin then displays that tank's reading. If it was still reading empty then that would indicate the module is bad.

You can get replacement sensors from Canton. https://www.catconproducts.com/RV-sensor.html
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 05:01 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Or do yourself a favor Dave and install a SeeLevel system. Its a pretty straightforward install, you can use the existing wiring and you'll have a much better tank sensor system. If you're interested do a search on the Monaco forum for SeeLevel... there was just a thread a few weeks ago on this topic.
Old 06-22-2019, 06:46 AM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandG-Fun View Post
Or do yourself a favor Dave and install a SeeLevel system. Its a pretty straightforward install, you can use the existing wiring and you'll have a much better tank sensor system. If you're interested do a search on the Monaco forum for SeeLevel... there was just a thread a few weeks ago on this topic.
Dave,
I also have the Alladin system in my coach and looked at the Seelevel System. I had installed it in my previous coach (02 HR Imperial). It was a straightforward install in the Imperial but not so in my current coach. Garnet Instruments no longer makes the adapter(pigtail, I think) to connect to your Alladin. If you could find a couple of spare wires running to wherever you want to put the new guage/monitor, it would be an easy thing to do. I opted for replacing the sensors on my tanks and learned how to calibrate them. You can also find them here. https://www.nwrvsupply.com/product/16622728.html
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Aladdin Tank Calibration 2004.pdf (509.6 KB, 47 views)
Old 06-22-2019, 10:54 AM   #5

Thank you everybody. I will look into the repair today. Good information, as always..
Old 06-22-2019, 12:26 PM   #6

CountryB...I filled the gray until 8 gal was displayed on Aladdin. The fresh has some water in the tank, how much is in unknown since it reads 0. I swapped the gray and fresh lead. 8 gal displayed in the fresh position and 0 in the gray position. I believe the mods are fine, this I think tells me my suspicions. That the fresh sensor needs to be replaced. Do you agree?
Old 06-22-2019, 02:24 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
yes. That tells you the "fresh water" port/electronics in the tank interface module is good. So either the senor is bad or the cable between the sensor and the module.

I've never heard of the cable going bad but is possible (could have rubbed through on something).

Most likely the sensor is bad. Pretty common, especially on the black tank. On my coach the fresh water sensor went bad. A new one from Canton fixed it.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 04:54 PM   #8

Yep, that’s my sentiment exactly. Thanks much for your input.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBunker View Post
Yep, that’s my sentiment exactly. Thanks much for your input.
Ok, job done. Finding the sensor in the fresh water tank. In the 2004 Camelot, it’s behind the useless sewer pipe storage compartment. After I took the storage compartment out, the sensor was super easy to access. I remounted the water bay light on the wall where the sewer storage face plate was mounted. With that useless sewer pipe storage out, I now have more room for small items used in the water bay.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1326.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	251002Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1327.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	251003Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1328.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	251004
Old 06-24-2019, 04:01 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Glad you got it done.
Have you re-calibrated the new sensor? You select "System Set Up" from the Aladdin menu and enter the maintenance code, 1218.

Basically you make sure it's drained and enter the calibration value for 0 gallons and then fill it and enter the calibration value for 100 gallons.

The Aladdin attachment below lists nominal values for the sensor, but these did not work for me. Also, the sensors take a set after the first couple of fill/drain cycles and the values change.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Aladdin Tank Calibration 2004.pdf (509.8 KB, 36 views)
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:39 PM   #11

Fresh water tank sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
Glad you got it done.
Have you re-calibrated the new sensor? You select "System Set Up" from the Aladdin menu and enter the maintenance code, 1218.

Basically you make sure it's drained and enter the calibration value for 0 gallons and then fill it and enter the calibration value for 100 gallons.

The Aladdin attachment below lists nominal values for the sensor, but these did not work for me. Also, the sensors take a set after the first couple of fill/drain cycles and the values change.

The tank is actually 95. Do I still use 100 as a full number? And no I have not calibrated yet. Still being shipped
Old 06-25-2019, 10:16 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
No. For the tank quantity, enter 95 gallons. (More than likely its already entered.) Just check it.
Navigate down to the System Calibration section with your joystick.
You will need to enter the maintenance code.
Then you need to enter the empty and full calibration values. If the tank is empty, it will list the Raw value for empty at the bottom of the screen. Enter this for the Cal value. Then do the same procedure for the full calibration, BUT only after filling the tank first.

Download the attachment above and skim through the calibration section on page 5.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:13 PM   #13

Vito.a......Some questions and observations. My sensors came today. Installed the fresh water sensor and filled the tank. Then I though to myself, I should have calibrated it first. So I emptied the tank (it needed a second rinse anyway, cause I sanitized the system while I had the chance). I got the original Aladdin manuel with the coach. Along with it was a copy of a holding tank work sheet the PO made for his use. I went inside and commenced to do some calibrations. No numbers on his work sheet seemed to work or make any sense. All tanks are empty. I’m focusing on the fresh at this time. The work sheet had a hand written number of 61 for empty tank. After inputting that number I backed out of the system setup menu to the tank levels menu to see what affect that number 61 had on the read out. The fresh tank probably has a couple gallons left cause the coach is off level slightly. The read out said 18% and 18 gal on board. Not true. So I went back to the set up menu and raised the 61 a couple times ending up at 84, which translated to 1 gallon in the levels menu. Which is probably very close to the water in the tank. I also entered the raw value for the empty tank which was not accurate. Before I fill the tank, I wanted to get your input.

Tags
fresh water, tank, water