Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2020, 06:07 AM   #15

Bob I posted these measurements for the Fisher Paykel W25"xD27.38"xH67.5" yesterday. I'm not sure where I got the width at 25 inches, as Tom posted above it comes in just under 32 inches.
mlh2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2020, 07:17 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
I bought a Whirlpool WRT771RWYB 21 cu ft refer as I hoped it was short enough to fit in the hole of my NoCold 1200...ended up 1/2" too tall to fit perfectly unlike the Samsung that are 6" too tall. The DW and I were able to bring it in through the driver’s side window because it’s not counter depth.
Here is my DIY install: http://https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/29110550.cfm

Amazing how energy efficient a EnergyStar refrigerator is today. It uses 1.2-1.3 KW/day or less than 16 cents.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 08:48 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
sI had to install a counterdepth fridge since mine as located next to the doorway accessing the rear of the coach.

I was not able to bring the Samsung in through the front door (trust me, I tried). I ended up taking out he passenger side LR window next to the table. Removed the doors, bins, shelves. Worked out well as we were able to let the fridge rest on the table.

I got some good advice from Bob Nodine & Van Williams. Van actually did install the Samsung with the furnace under the Norcold. One thing they did advise is to make a dolly to move the Samsung around. I heeded their advise, I was able to move it around by myself. I ended up moving the fridge in and out probably 10 times checking clearance. I ended up having to reduce the height of my supports to clear the ceiling. I also added blocking at the back and sides to keep the fridge in position. Once I confirmed fit etc I reinstalled the furnace permanently. Not an easy job but the dolly made it easier.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:10 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Awesome information everyone! Thanks for taking the time to post it. I didn't get a topic update email so I'm late to reply. Decisions, decisions !!
BobJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:54 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
The opening is slightly larger but not by much. Can't remember the actual measurement. My Norcold had a plastic trim piece all the way around that sealed up the opening.

I just replaced my Norcold with a Samsung RF18. Width wise I had ~5/8" space on each side.
The height was the problem to get the new fridge to fit. Here is a post I did describing what needed to be done
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/sams...ne-461001.html
In the end I had ~3/4" gap left from the original cabinet frame across the top.
Can you repost your link. I could not see it for some reason. Thanks

Tags
fridge