RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2015, 09:45 PM   #1

Fridge flashes "no co"

I'm about at wits end with my fridge.. it flashes no co.. so far I have taken out the ice maker.. changed the gfi plug at the bathroom sink (which did help for a few days) now i'm back to noco flashing.. this does not happen with the generator running.. nor does it happen if I plug the unit into a extension cord plugged into shore power.. any ideas? also.. my gfi does not trip when the no co starts...thanks!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2015, 09:58 PM   #2

Is your refrigerator not cooling?!
If it's showing one of these three codes, it's simply in lockout mode and your refrigerator needs to be reset and diagnosed:

"NO CO" - These models will show this code: 1200, 1210, N841, N641
"n" - These models will show this code: N621, N821
"if your light is flashing 5 times repeatedly" - These models will show this fault: N811, N611, N510, N410

Your Norcold refrigerator will show this code if it's not sensing a temperature drop while in operation. This is actually a safety precaution! If it continues to run while the ammonia solution inside the cooling unit is not flowing through the system it can cause a fire. Make no mistake, if the refrigerator is not cooling then there is certainly a probem with the ammonia solution flowing through your cooling unit. The trick is to find out exactly what is causing this to take place. We don't want to simply explain how to reset the power board because if it has gone into this fault then it will always go right back into the same fault when you start it up again. You need to have it diagnosed!

RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 12:33 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
From your description, you probably need to tighten the connections at the back of the receptacle the refrigerator plugs into.
It could be at another receptacle between the GFI in the bathroom and the refrigerator also.
Good luck.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:59 AM   #4

the fridge does not work at all.. no codes just "no co" and a beep every time it flashes.. I'll check the connection this evening. thanks!
Old 06-25-2015, 08:04 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Not saying this will correct the problem but here is a documented procedure for resetting your "no co" code.
http://www.rvtechlibrary.com/appliances/noco.php

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
TravellingRVDoctor, LLC
Old 06-25-2015, 04:22 PM   #6

Do you have cooling fans on top? If so are they working?? If not that could be your issues. We got the same code when the thermistast on the fasns stopped. The freezer was cold but the nix was warm
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 10:55 PM   #7

Try this.....Take the cover off the outside of the coach for the fridge. Look at the exhaust area. Sometimes you will get some rusted metal from the exhaust pipe that will fall down and rest on your ignition. Blow it out with low pressure air. Then put the cover back on.

Tags
fridge