Front Jack Update
Back in September I posted about how my front jack base had bent up on the sides. Well I finally decided it was time to do something about it so I removed the jack and took it to a machine shop where they flattened it back out and then welded reinforcement to it to keep it from ever bending again. The after picture is before I painted it but the repairs actually show up better. Only paid $75 which is a lot better than the $500 to $800 prices I was finding for a new jack. Reinstalled it today and all is well. I was a little worried that the extra weight of the reinforcing might effect the retracting of the jack but it seems to work just fine.
Brian, Loretta & Lucy (Golden Retriever)
2008 HR Endeavor 40 PDQ , ISL 400
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Toad