Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2020, 11:15 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Front slide cylinder AP number

I’m working with azpete and trying to get the AP number off the HWH front slide cylinders. I have a leaker.
Anyone know the part number for the cylinder?
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2020, 08:50 PM   #2

I assume the sticker/label is missing? Since slide widths differ, the only other alternative is measurement.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 06:08 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
What type of mechanism does your slide have? My Curbside front slide is the "HWH X-Slide". I had to replace a leaking cylinder last year (and I replaced both chains).
This is the parts breakdown:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH X-Slide Parts Diagram_mr412670.pdf (22.2 KB, 68 views)
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 07:29 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Slide Out Ext. Kit w/ Syncronizing Cylinder 31.62 **used on all front roadside slides** AP25141
Ram Only...AP25201
Syncro Cylinder Only....RAP90442
Hydraulic Cylinder, 30.500 Left Side... AP25142
Hydraulic Cylinder, 30.500 Right Side.... AP25143

From the 2006 Monaco microfiche...good luck.
Twomed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 08:37 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twomed View Post
Slide Out Ext. Kit w/ Syncronizing Cylinder 31.62 **used on all front roadside slides** AP25141

Ram Only...AP25201

Syncro Cylinder Only....RAP90442

Hydraulic Cylinder, 30.500 Left Side... AP25142

Hydraulic Cylinder, 30.500 Right Side.... AP25143

From the 2006 Monaco microfiche...good luck.

The label is probably on the cylinder. All I can see are the nuts on each end.....but....I may be able to see something by accessing the roof of the bay. Hadn’t thought of that!!

I have an 01 dynasty and the slide is roadside front with two hydraulic cylinders.

What’s the 31.62 and 30.500 above represent? Is “left” roadside?

Thank you so much for the info. My rear cylinder is leaking. Still works for now.
Old 02-02-2020, 09:21 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
There are usually good pics to go with the parts...but not in this case.

HWH has really good online info by year and model which should help. If you are able to remove the ram a good hydraulic shop should be able to replace the seals.
Twomed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:27 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
My 2003 uses HWH 'spacemaker' rail system. Since you can only see the ends of your rams, I'm guessing yours is the same. Here's the thread detailing my agony involving those cylinders...
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/need...ut-431958.html
It takes a bit of hunting on the HWH website, but they have some pretty extensive documentation.
There's probably no need to buy new cylinders. Your local hydraulic shop can rebuild them with standard parts. There's a locking mechanism on the end of the cylinder that is not run-of-the-mill hydraulic parts, but apparently that locking block isn't something that commonly fails.
I attached a few HWH parts diagrams and instruction guides from my 2003.
Cheers,
Walter
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mr404250.pdf (27.5 KB, 57 views)
File Type: pdf PARTS-mr412005.pdf (35.0 KB, 64 views)
File Type: pdf CYL_REPLACEMENT-ml19241.pdf (30.9 KB, 45 views)
File Type: pdf RAIL-ml23567.pdf (425.8 KB, 33 views)
Old 02-03-2020, 10:09 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamcneil View Post
My 2003 uses HWH 'spacemaker' rail system. Since you can only see the ends of your rams, I'm guessing yours is the same. Here's the thread detailing my agony involving those cylinders...
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/need...ut-431958.html
It takes a bit of hunting on the HWH website, but they have some pretty extensive documentation.
There's probably no need to buy new cylinders. Your local hydraulic shop can rebuild them with standard parts. There's a locking mechanism on the end of the cylinder that is not run-of-the-mill hydraulic parts, but apparently that locking block isn't something that commonly fails.
I attached a few HWH parts diagrams and instruction guides from my 2003.
Cheers,
Walter

Thanks for taking the time to post that info. Mine is a 2001 dynasty. I presume yours also has air leveling?

I’m going to try to see if I can find any part numbers friday by removing the bay ceiling.
I only have a roadside slide so I might be able to get it out. I seem to recall you had to make a hole;(.
Old 02-03-2020, 11:24 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Right, mine also has air leveling.
With the slides extended, look along the sides of the arms where they enter the coach. There should be some HWH P/N & S/N stickers just inside the body side-wall. You can probably also see these with the slides pulled-in by opening up the storage bays and looking up overhead. Shouldn't need to remove any panels.
Example attached. My curb-side rail is P/N AP19630.
My road-side slide extends about 32" and that makes all the difference in getting the rams out on that side without cutting anything. The big problem was my kitchen slide, which only extends about 19". The rams with the problem, ironically, are the road-side rams.
I'm not sure how it will work with no slide-out on the curb side. The rams for the road-side need to come out the CURB-side.
Maybe your panto-graphic curb-side storage doors extend up high enough for the rams to come out of them? I think I remember somebody commenting on one of my threads that they had to remove the storage bay doors to get the rams out.
Cheers,
Walter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hwh.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	274161  

Tags
slide