Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2016, 03:14 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Front TV bezel removal

So this is new to me but it isn't rocket science and I'm pretty handy with tools. One thing I found and the original owner told me was that for some reason they were messing with the front TV and DVD and selector switch, etc, and so the TV wasn't plugged in. The plug is in the cabinet to the left of the TV and for whatever reason they had pulled the power cord on the TV and pulled it back through the wall between the cabinets.

So I'm thinking it's a straight shot to push the power cord back through but there's some sort of conduit between the cabinets, or it certainly seems like it.

So, I tried to remove the front bezel and remove the TV and get to it from the front. It is only held on by 4 screws. I removed the 4 screws and the bottom of the bezel comes loose but the top won't budge. I can't get the bezel off so can't get to the conduit that way.

Next step is to use one of the coax cables that already runs between the cabinets and tape the power cord to it and fish it back through. I'm determined to get that TV plugged in. Before doing that I will be plugging it into a working wall outlet first just to make sure it even works.

The real question here is, how do you get that bezel off. It's like it's glued on at the top. Or pressure from both cabinets on each side has it squeezed in there so tight I'm almost afraid of it not going back in, if I can get it out.

If I can fish the cord back through then I'm not concerned but if that TV ever dies I want to know I can pull it out. I must say though, it's well made, there isn't even a visible gap between the bezel and the cabinetry for an Ant fart to get through.

Steve

2008/09 Monaco Monarch 36PCT. All stock but many mods to come...
Pondthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2016, 04:11 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondthing View Post
So this is new to me but it isn't rocket science and I'm pretty handy with tools. One thing I found and the original owner told me was that for some reason they were messing with the front TV and DVD and selector switch, etc, and so the TV wasn't plugged in. The plug is in the cabinet to the left of the TV and for whatever reason they had pulled the power cord on the TV and pulled it back through the wall between the cabinets.

So I'm thinking it's a straight shot to push the power cord back through but there's some sort of conduit between the cabinets, or it certainly seems like it.

So, I tried to remove the front bezel and remove the TV and get to it from the front. It is only held on by 4 screws. I removed the 4 screws and the bottom of the bezel comes loose but the top won't budge. I can't get the bezel off so can't get to the conduit that way.

Next step is to use one of the coax cables that already runs between the cabinets and tape the power cord to it and fish it back through. I'm determined to get that TV plugged in. Before doing that I will be plugging it into a working wall outlet first just to make sure it even works.

The real question here is, how do you get that bezel off. It's like it's glued on at the top. Or pressure from both cabinets on each side has it squeezed in there so tight I'm almost afraid of it not going back in, if I can get it out.

If I can fish the cord back through then I'm not concerned but if that TV ever dies I want to know I can pull it out. I must say though, it's well made, there isn't even a visible gap between the bezel and the cabinetry for an Ant fart to get through.

Steve
Steve,

Our front TV bezel is held by four screws, two at the top and two at the bottom. The top of the bezel has a very snug fit where it is sandwiched between the cabinet. Maybe you just need to use a little more force. Of course Monaco motorhomes are like snowflakes and no two are alike, so you better make double sure there is not a hidden screw or two before eating your Wheaties!

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 05:46 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I agree with Bob. It's just a snug fit.
Willie300s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:14 AM   #4

Mine just pulls out. No screws.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:34 PM   #5

I get to my tv from the back. That's where all my wiring is. Just for thought. Good luck!

2008 Holiday Rambler PDQ Ambassador 360 ISC
2015 Jeep Rubicon
Blue Ox tow Patriot brake
cdinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 04:42 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeigant View Post
Mine just pulls out. No screws.
Yep, a 2011 Knight would have the drawer latches and snaps into place. We have a friend who has a 2011 Camelot and that is the way his is.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 07:16 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the advice. I was able to use a coax cable as a fish to get the power cord back through. I could get to everything through the back as cdinatl mentioned but I just couldn't get my hand way up there to get the power cord. I got it plugged in though and it works great so that is no longer a problem. Happy camper now.

2008/09 Monaco Monarch 36PCT. All stock but many mods to come...
Pondthing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
removal