RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2020, 03:35 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Question Front TV cabinet - cut down, 2004 HR Endeavor

2004 Endeavor, 40PST
Has anyone cut the front upper TV cabinet in about 1/2 or 1/3 and just used it for a shelf or storage? That huge cabinet is not only a head knocker, but blocks a nice clean view from the inside and looks dated from the outside. I'm thinking of either going TV'less in the front or installing something on a side wall.

Removing the entire cabinet and making it flush all the way across doesn't seem reasonable as the headliner will have imprints from the cabinet and there's just too much woodwork involved. Looks like it could be just shortened up to about the same height as the side cabinets by chopping the bottom off, rounding the lower edges and finishing.

Thoughts?
ckspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2020, 04:36 PM   #2

Helped a friend shorten all of the cabinets across the front. We removed them and individually and cut from the top,then held them in place to see how they looked, kept trimming from top untill satisfied with the drop ,started with the big t.v. Cabinet first ,then did the same with the others . Wasn't hard at all just take your time and 2/3 person job. Also when done we filled in hole in tv cabinet and installed a swing out tv mount and flat screen tv.
Wrapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 04:55 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
ckspeed-

Joe ("MSHappyCampers") made that modification to his 2002 Windsor. See this thread:

The head-banger is finally GONE!

Also, you should add a "signature" to your profile. It contains whatever info you want; most people put info about their coach there, so they don't have to type it into each message. Instructions for adding a signature are here.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 11:25 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks!

I added the siggy in the CP but it's not showing up....
Old 08-03-2020, 11:29 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I guess it is now...
Old 08-04-2020, 08:39 AM   #6

I removed the center TV cabinet and reshaped it on our 03 Windsor PST.
Removing the old CRT TV was the hard part , boy was that thing heavy .
I made the cabinet shorter height wise and moved the head knocker edge back some .
After removing quite a few screws the cabinet slips right down and dissassembles
very easily, no glue. Just make sure to keep the width the same .
I left the area where it meets the head liner intact and no one has ever commented or
seemed to notice
I'm not a wood worker but I have accumulated a few tools .
On this project I used a table saw , jig saw , router and drill .
My project was to install a new flat screen and help stop head bumping .

Ray
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
endeavor