Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2012, 11:25 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJJ View Post
Bill...In the front run box F15 has 6 items listed: cell ph awning nav radio etc. Did you remove just one fuse or the entire connection to F15 panel?
I just removed the fuse, nothing else -- On our Camelot, the fuse is listed as TV-Level /Lockout -- With air leveling, the leveling system works fine -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #16
FJJ

To get to the AC plug for the front TV I have to remove the TV so I'm looking to solve it by removing a fuse in the front electrical panel in front of the driver's side front tire. There are over 70 fuses there and I hope I don't have to pull each one and then turn on the ignition switch to see if the TV goes off. HELP!
FJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka7suz View Post
Tough love Gramma here. I won't allow grandkids tv, dvd players, PSP games etc while going down the road. I want them to see things, open dialog with them and play 'road games' like we did in the 'olden days' when at times you couldn't even get a radio station. Those electronic diversions can travel with us, but can only be used after it's too dark to play outside.

Please PM heated comments -LOL

JoAnn
I agree 100%
sc3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Sent the help via PM to avoid further social commentary regarding a simple maint item.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #19

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twomed View Post

Sent the help via PM to avoid further social commentary regarding a simple maint item.
Seems to me we were discussing values.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #20

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka7suz View Post
Tough love Gramma here. I won't allow grandkids tv, dvd players, PSP games etc while going down the road. I want them to see things, open dialog with them and play 'road games' like we did in the 'olden days' when at times you couldn't even get a radio station. Those electronic diversions can travel with us, but can only be used after it's too dark to play outside.

Please PM heated comments -LOL

JoAnn
+2
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Not getting into it with Grandmas United against the New Age Kids ...I'm not that dumb. Just pointing out that the OP asked a maint question not someones opinion on how to raise kids values.

This forum doesn't need to go the way of the dark side place...just sayin'.

PS...I did answer his question, so look out for a Dynasty loaded with kids watching TV this summer.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181

Seems to me we were discussing values.
We were discussing televisions, the type that turn on when the owner hits the switch.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #23

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
First a mandatory legal warning,,, Then the easy way to get past that interlock. and a suggestion.

The reason for the interlock is that it is ILLEGAL for a television (Other than a rear view camera of a GPS monitor) to be operating where the driver can see it. I know for a fact that tickets have been written for this violation in the state of Michigan. and from forum posts in other states (IN the Michigan case I was the dispatcher who passed the request for the section of law to the sgt and the answer back from the trooper, so though I did get to see the ticket..It was the police copy, not the violator's copy,,, Twas not mine to pay).

Now, simply find the power plug for the TV, odds are the interlock is the outlet it's plugged into. MOVE the plug to another outlet, say the one the house radio is plugged into, You cut no wire, You make no change that can not be easily undone, and if some overworked and underpaid civil servant, sees you there with the TV on in your 1000K plus rolling mansion... Well, I won't be paying the fine so it's your problem.

Yes, I know you won't be watching, but the law does not care, it only cares if you can see it.

Now the suggestion:

Get a portable, strap it down in the swivel chair or some other handy location well back of the cockpit, where the kids can see it and you can not. 100% legal, and actually easier for the kids to see.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #24
FJJ

Thanks Twomed.. Your technical advice worked great and I didn't have to drop the TV. You are a 10 in my book. Bless you!! To all the others...all I wanted was to solve a TV problem. As far as raising kids or grandkids and establishing their values, there are better forums to discuss that. Usually those who talk the most and loudest feel guilty and are trying to fill a void in their own lives. See all of you out on the open road! Jay
Old 04-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
The safest thing to do is to get a DVD player with a screen and earphone plugs. Strap the kids in the seat belted spots and plug them in to the show.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #26

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJJ View Post
Thanks Twomed.. Your technical advice worked great and I didn't have to drop the TV. You are a 10 in my book. Bless you!! To all the others...all I wanted was to solve a TV problem. As far as raising kids or grandkids and establishing their values, there are better forums to discuss that. Usually those who talk the most and loudest feel guilty and are trying to fill a void in their own lives. See all of you out on the open road! Jay
No guilt or void in my life! I just agree (my opinion ) that kids in general spend to much time in front of a TV or playing video games. One of the main benefits of the RV lifestyle, for me, is geting away from the daily grind and spend time in the great outdoors. It's a time,for me, to bond with my family. Not saying that the use of these devices is evil, just over used.

Now on the topic of safety override. Is overriding the safety feature and being in violation of the law unsafe? Maybe, maybe not! Is it less safe, Yes in my opinion! Would I do it? No.

As suggested the best option, in my opinion, is to get a small tv and DVD player and set it up behind the driver seat. Possibly find a slide mount for your blocked TV so it can be viewed with the slide in.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #27

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here's a link to a sliding TV mount that will probably help view TV's blocked by a slide.

Sliding TV Brackets for RV's by MOR/ryde - PPL Motor Homes
Old 04-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #28
FJJ

"Good Grief". This may be my last visit to this web site.

I didn't ask for advice or any opinions on raising grand kids, I asked for technical advice on an electrical question about the front TV. The majority of the responses were personal feelings about the moral or legal ramifications of my question and no technical information about the actual question at all. In fact, most of those who gave their moral or legal opinions weren't even Monaco coach owners, so they wouldn't have been able to answer the technical part of the question.

I know all of us are entitled to our opinions but please take a moment to think about the best way to voice those opinions. Based on all of your informed and educated opinions, I guess I'm a scumbag of a grandparent for even considering my question. Happy RVing to all! FJJ is 10-7

Tags
safety